The absence of Bob

RyGuy

Reaction score
Hello, I have been viewing the recent episodes of Sesame Street and noticed something very atypicial. Bob McGrath hasn't appeared on the program at all this year. Is he okay? Normally, the viewer sees Bob at least once if not twice a season. If you think about it there have not been any refrences to him or questions about him. Did he retire ? I'm kind of surprised he'd just be written out of the script without a "Bob-moves-away " street story.

Larxene

Reaction score
I swore I saw him as Trianglebob Trianglepants last week.. but not in any street segments.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
He appeared in the 'Trianglebob Trianglepants' segment but it was a repeat from season 35 and his voice was heard in 'Healthy Storybook Moments: Hansel and Gretel' but it was from season 37.

Bob is still in the credits so he didn't retire.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Hello, I have been viewing the recent episodes of Sesame Street and noticed something very atypicial. Bob McGrath hasn't appeared on the program at all this year. Is he okay? Normally, the viewer sees Bob at least once if not twice a season. If you think about it there have not been any refrences to him or questions about him. Did he retire ? I'm kind of surprised he'd just be written out of the script without a "Bob-moves-away " street story.
No he's still a part of the cast.

let's not even metion about him being written out of the script unless you know he's gone.

Due to the modern day format and the ammount of episodes made a year many from the SS cast aren't on as much.

Larxene

Reaction score
You have a point. I hope Bob is doing okay!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Firsty, the seaon isn't quite over yet, so he may just get another appearance in.

Secondly, a lot of people and characters were missing this season, and I do not know why. Mainly there have been very few muppet segments, and quite a bit of old footage of films about children. I don't know if that implies they filmed only a little stuff, and Bob wasn't available or something. I just dunno.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed that too, but he is still in the credits, so he'll probably pop up at some point. I think since he and Loretta Long were the two longest running cast members on the show, they may both feel the need to move on to other things. After all, they don't make as many episodes per season as they used to and it is hard to get every cast member in every episode. But I'm hoping both of them will stick around for a while, even if it's just a few eps per season.

Larxene

Reaction score
Here's a nice interview with Bob McGrath that you guys might enjoy if you haven't already read it...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/122806.shtml

That's an awesome interview! I never appreciated Bob much when I was a kid but now that I've grown, I really love his gentle personality and his songs which just seem to capture the voice of a carefree, loving childhood. In fact, I just bought his CD yesterday!

I do agree with him, I do wish they were doing more things like Christmas Eve on Sesame Street now.

RyGuy

Reaction score
thank you for your answers

Thank you very much for answering my post about Bob. That was very thoughtful of you all .