The Alan appreciation thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Say what you will about the new season (current season at least) but I think that Alan is one of the best, funniest new human characters in years (since they got rid of the around the corner, and Ruth Buzzi went MIA, and played Suzi kabloozi).

I mean, he is indefinately loving this role, if I say so myself. As one said in the Zoe's tutu thread, it's as if he doesn't know they are Puppets. His interatcion is great, and he really takes the abuse comically! :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I really haven't watched the show when Alan was on it. Looks like I have some catching up to do. :smile: By the way, who's Mia? I thought Ruth Buzzi's characters name was Ruthie. :confused:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I agree!

Alan has a great manner with all the Muppets. He is funny, yet not condescending (like Gina) when he talks to them. His facial expressions are wonderful. I really love to watch him work. Many of my favorite scenes from the last few years have involved Alan.

Alan is not only funny, but he handles the touching dialogue great too. I remember one episode where Alan was telling Telly about his pet rock that he had as a kid. He had just the right tone... sensitive, but not talking down to the character. I was really impressed.

Yay Alan!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003 [/i]
By the way, who's Mia? I thought Ruth Buzzi's characters name was Ruthie. :confused:
MIA means Missing in action, Daffy. Funny how I know a military term, even though I hate the Military.

Ruti Buzzi did the voice of Suzi Kabloozie just after her character was dropped.

As for Alan my favorite quote is, "You're not on that new Grouch diet, are you?"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I see. I should watch the show some time during spring break so I can get to know this Alan guy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was one this season where the Amazing Mumford "accidentally" transported Alan to the North Pole. Man, I just cracked up when he came back, in an eskimo uniform, and growled at Mumford. Gina would never do that. He's more realistic than some of the Humans.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Seems we have always loved whoever was watching Hooper's Store.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
That episode with Alan and his pet rock (Snowball) was on this morning. I just about got a little tear in my eye listening to Alan explain to Telly how he didn't have to give up his childhood friend just because he grew up.

It was the best part of my day, honest.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
I must admit, it took me a while to get to like Allen, but he's grown on me and I now love him! :smile: I agree with everyone who has commented about his manner with the muppets too. He does a wonderful job! :big_grin: :smile:

Millicent

Hays

Reaction score
I love Alan, too ! You know, it's a testament to Sesame Street that they hire people who might not make it on Broadway despite the fact that they are loaded with talent. What a great place to showcase talent for talent's sake and not have to consider whether a person is physically "right" for a role.