The Bible and Love and Christians

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Can I tell you guys something?
This seemed the good thread, at least about religion.
I'm very afraid to tell this (if I say this on street eher, in Holland, I suddenly can be beat or worse, much anti-semitics), but I think I had to tell it sometime, because I'm living in a little closet with all my secrets now.
Okay. Here it is. I'm Jewish.
... Please don't hate me.
I didn't know Holland still had those kinds of attitudes. I'm sorry you've had to go through that. You're perfectly welcome here. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. Here it is. I'm Jewish.
... Please don't hate me.
Oh, so that's why you had Hebrew in your signature? Yeah, I kinda figured. Sometimes I wish I was Jewish. That way I could use language from 1950's Mad magazines without sounding strange (Fershulggener is always a favorite). On a couple occasions I was actually mistaken for being Jewish. But hey, doesn't make no matter to me, everyone's welcome and I love other cultures.

The recent Tracy Jordan controversy brought some things to light. He didn't only threaten to stab a fey or gay child. He also continued to say that being gay was a choice people make (making no distinction from a person's being and their behavior), that the media was trying to influence people into making that "choice" and that President Obama should take action against gay people. Jordan apologized for the first part, but the rest of it. Nonetheless he's now working with GLAAD to create some supportive ads against the bullying of gay people. It looks like Fey, Baldwin and Jordan's publicist clued him in that "30 Rock" is the best thing that will ever happen to him and the show won't happen without the support of gays or liberal-minded people that oppose the stabbing of children.

Any forum member knows that freedom of speech also means freedom of opposition speech for those who disagree. Rights, even for comedians, come with responsibility. Sure, people like Bill Maher are fired over things they say and it doesn't seem fair, but technically he has no right to say whatever he wants without consequences if a company is paying him to state them. However, it does suck. Heck, he made out better on HBO anyway. More money, less time, great deal for Bill.

Anyway, thought that was funny. Jordan goes from bigot to PSA spokesman in under a week! sigh
That's a very touchy thing for them to have to do. They have 2 choices... kicking him off the show which will be awkward and obvious, especially coming off a story arc where they basically said that his character was the only thing holding the show together... OR keeping him on and risk losing viewers. Neither really sound like they'll help the show very much.

I STILL say they should make a story arc where his character DOES say this stuff outside of the show, causing the ratings to slip and having everyone treat him like a leper for it until he just leaves or something. Something that deals with the issue making him look even more the fool. An abrupt send off or keeping him on will hurt the show one way or another. I still refuse to watch any 2 and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen, and he COMPLETELY burned bridges with that one. At least in a funny, self destructive way.

Still... I wanna see that cross dressing boyfriend of Jenna punch him the HECK in the face or something in the show. And really, I agree... outside the show he has NOTHING else. His SNL stint was unfunny, his sitcom was absolute crap (and defamed the good name of Muppet, I'll never forgive that) but he actually had laughs in this show. But that's all the writing.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
On a couple occasions I was actually mistaken for being Jewish.
As soon as people learn I dislike pork products (though I might eat bacon maybe once or twice a year ... stuff just makes me ill) or cheeseburgers, "Jew" is the first thing people think of, LOL.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally I refuse to watch any 2 and a Half Men WITH Charlie Sheen. Not that I'm watching it now either, lol.
I refuse to believe that they shouldn't have ended it this year ANYWAY! I mean, it was REALLY getting stale, and it looked like they were in a nice position to end the thing. But it was CBS's higher rated shows... Personally, I wanted to see it removed from the schedule and have Big bang Theory in its place. That way I could actually watch Community!

But the show I REALLY hate is Rules of Engagement. Now, I THOUGHT I would like a show with Kronk AND Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove in it... heck, I thought I would love a show with Patrick Warburton in it. But he seems to be having NO fun doing the show, he has no funny lines or a funny role. it's disappointing, and I wish that got cancelled instead of $#*! My Dad Says (because I was really starting to like that one).

Back on topic, 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows now (It took some getting into, the Sesame Street AM cameo episode sold me), and I hate the fact that this is happening to them. I mean, there are SOOOO many more shows on television more deserving of a homophobic tirade threatening a main star and the show itself out there (but Better with You got cancelled anyway :wisdom: ). This is not going to end well. Again, they have to chose between keeping someone who said something stupid (again, why isn't anyone saying anything about Chuck Norris? At least stop buying the T-Shirts, the Meme isn't funny anymore and hasn't been for 2 years) which will hurt the ratings, and ejecting someone from the show which will hurt the ratings as well.

I say, EMBRACE IT! Keep the controversy. You have brilliant story potential in this. I mean, the character did have an episode in which he became incredibly respected for having multiple awards, adding heat over an anti-gay tirade has limitless story potential. I say, they should have a viewer vote to keep him on or let him stay.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Still, whatever happend to just separating the character from the actor? Why does it have to be an issue for the show at all?

Yes I know I just said I didn't want to watch Charlie Sheen in a show, but he's guilty of repeated violence. And continuing to employ him was just enabling his self destruction. That's much worse than just saying stupid things as Tracy Morgan did.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes I know I just said I didn't want to watch Charlie Sheen in a show, but he's guilty of repeated violence. And continuing to employ him was just enabling his self destruction. That's much worse than just saying stupid things as Tracy Morgan did.
If you're gonna blame someone, blame Chuck Lorre for casting him in the first place. Really, every time someone questions what's going on, I say, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!" I mean, a weekly sitcom starring someone who's that unstable with substances and womanizing in the first place? I mean, really, Chuck... REALLY?! I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. There are some people that are prone to this sort of thing... I'm surprised Mike Tyson didn't bite Ed Helm's ear off during the making of the first Hangovoer (but Mike had the freaking Gaul to SUE them for "stealing" his tattoo!).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It still saddens me that Duckie was a McCain Republican. Duckie?! :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It still saddens me that Duckie was a McCain Republican. Duckie?! :attitude:
Who the heck is Ducky?

I'll blame both. :wink:
Exactly. But just to be clear, Charlie was never fired for his actions against women nor any substance abuse. He was fired for constantly insulting the executive producer and basically saying (to quote Mordicai and Rigby) "Give me a raise, LOSER!"

That guy from Grey's Monotony who said the other F word.... I forget was he fired, "leave by his own account" or ACTUALLY leave by his own account?