the big kermit question....

dcfboss

Reaction score
ok, which do you prefer:

Kermit on Sesame Street
or
Kermit on The Muppet Show............................

I gotta go with Kermie on da Street. The Muppet Show is not as funny and has too many dumb characters. I know i'll get a lot of heat for sayin that, but it's just unwatchable. the only good part about the muppet show is the animal hospital or whatever it's called.

But kermie is better off on da street cuz how else will everyone get their breaking news? the best news segment was with humpty dumpty and they had that ugly egg puppet thing, lol. it's my favorite cuz it's the only one i remember lol

wockawocka

Reaction score
I like him on SS better, but he's good in both, and he's even better in the movies! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think both are swell; but I was born in 1972 and was raised on SS and was alive through the whole Muppet Show era, the end of which you were born.

There's a discussion about the 'waves' of muppet fans that's interesting as well, and so I looked at your date of birth which might explain the reason you prefer the SS Kermit over TMS kermit.

Truely interesting.

Oh, and I'm for him on TMS because he had a starring role there; mo frog for my money.
:embarrassed:

Hays

Reaction score
Well...

I was born in 1967, (creak...creak) raised on a steady diet of both SS and TMC, and I have to agree with dcfboss.

Not that I don't love Kermit on TMC; he was probably the only character that could have pulled the whole thing together. But you have to admit, although he was the host, he didn't get as much attention as he does on the Newsflashes.

Yup, it's probably an unpopular opinion - thank goodness we don't have to choose - although you can't see a whole clip of a Muppet Newsflash anywhere outside of Noggin (I assume.)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would have to go with the Muppet Show. I enjoyed SS, but watched the Muppet Show much more - even as a young kid. I'd get upset if Kermit wasn't on every ep of SS. LOL! I don't know why anyone wouldn't like TMS, but to each their own opinion. I think it was one of the best shows on TV.

Anyway, Kermit had plenty of skits on TMS. I loved it when he danced with Gene Kelly. Also when he sang with Debbie Harry. There were some special moments on that show. I also loved how Miss Piggy and other characters would make him crazy. He had much more personality on TMS. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd say he's beter on The Muppet Show, but he's at his best when teamed up with either Fozzie Bear or Grover. I love those old Kermt and Grover skits!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, the ever-loud: "Kerrrmmmiiieeeee Baaaabyyyyyyyy!!" What a classic!!

I also loved when he shoved the fake teeth in Kermit's mouth as Salesman Grover. kermit's expression with the toofies is funn-ee.

:embarrassed:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Darn right, you're going to get a lot of heat for what you said about the Muppet Show, dcfboss. Come on everybody. Let's throw him into a volcano!

Lol. Just kidding. You're entitled to your opinion.

I'd have to say it's a tie. But I have to agree with what Scooter said...

I'd say he's beter on The Muppet Show, but he's at his best when teamed up with either Fozzie Bear or Grover. I love those old Kermt and Grover skits!
I agree with that completely. Jim and Frank played off of each other so well.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yep, Jim and Frank did really well together. That's why Ernie and Bert are so great too! But I agree with that, I think Kermit is best paired with Fozzie, but he was great with Grover too. I just like him with Fozzie better than Miss Piggy or Gonzo, not that I don't like either of them. :embarrassed: I just love Fozzie with Kermit! :flirt: