The Blues Brothers

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Some of the additions in the extended cut are very subtle. Maybe a character will have an extra line or two. The opening prison sequence is longer, and includes a scene of the guards trying to wake Jake up. Some of the music/dance scenes are longer, and contain extra verses (particularly the John Lee Hooker number). Frank Oz has another line.

In the scene where Elwood quits his job, we see him steal various chemicals, which he will use later in the film. In the theatrical cut, we don't really know where Elwood comes up with the stuff he uses to outwit the cops and the country band.

The charity concert sequence, from Cab Calloway's "Minnie the Moocher" to the end, where Jake and Elwood escape, is longer.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
yeah, the sequel was a crappy movie with great music
Apparently the script had been laying around for so long, Macauley Culkin was originally supposed to play the kid. But by the time the film was greenlit, Culkin was too old.

There IS one very funny scene in Blues Brothers 2000, though. It's the one where Aykroyd pretends he's rabid or something, and has shaving cream (or is it whipped cream?) spewing out of his mouth. That's a classic Dan Aykroyd moment.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
they were actually gonna do a different kind of sequel, right after the original, but after John Belushi died, that script was scrapped

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Apparently the script had been laying around for so long, Macauley Culkin was originally supposed to play the kid. But by the time the film was greenlit, Culkin was too old.
Wow! Had know idea he was going to be in that movie! *Gasp!*:eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Go to photos at www.muleythemule.com and you can see a pic where I got to meet Elwood Blues here in Memphis! What a treat for me.

I also visit www.bluesbrotherscentral.com where they have a lot of bootleg videos and records available for free download! That way, the actual bootleggers aren't making any money off the thing.

Plus, you all know that Lin and I have performed as the Blues Brothers on several occasions. Also, we're in photographs on one of the documentaries on the BB disk where they are holding the prison cards on the front of the case.

I love this movie, just the little parts of it that are small details are beautiful portions of the movie.

Like, when looking for the horn players at the house of Mrs. Tarantino, when they leave she comes running out, "Mr. Man! Mr. Man!" I don't know why but that rolls me! HA HA!