the borg

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
okay, i finished watching regeneration, the borg episode from enterprise, and it was okay. there were a lot of things that really got med mad about.

1.) you would think that the 24th century borg, that being like 27 of them, would be able to stop a 22nd century ship right?!!..nope..archer had to win

2.) the phase pistols that the crew have, are they stronger than the 24th century phasers when shooting the borg?..guess so since how reed and archer shot like 7 or so drones before they adapted...

there's many others i could name, but i'll let some of you name some flaws..

i know star trek is a show an not real, but this show had a lot of problems to it....

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
1.) you would think that the 24th century borg, that being like 27 of them, would be able to stop a 22nd century ship right?!!..nope..archer had to win

Wrong. The 24th Century Borg were using a crappy 22nd Century transport. And, if any of the other shows are used as evidence, the Borg can be pretty stupid at times.

2.) the phase pistols that the crew have, are they stronger than the 24th century phasers when shooting the borg?..guess so since how reed and archer shot like 7 or so drones before they adapted...

No. If you note, any setting (other than stun) of a 24th Century phaser can work against the Borg. The Borg are just able to adapt quicker. The 22nd Century pistols they could only use one setting against them. And eventually, they adapted.

And, I'm sure you're thinking about how it was Q's fault the Borg went to attack Earth, rather than these Borg sending out a message, right? Wrong. The Borg didn't get the location of Earth from when Q sent them into the Delta Quadrant. The Borg quite possibly never found out the location of Earth during TNG.

Alright. Anymore "problems?" :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
actually the borg got the idea of where earth was from when they assimalted seven of nine and her parents..but i wasn't getting into that. you got into that justin.....

one more problem, if the borg get disconnected from the hive mind when they die, how can these borg even function without going into chaos. when the first borg woke up, he should not be able to function well......

all of what you stated doesn't add up to why the borg were defeated. okay i know the writers were messing around and everyone knew the borg would be defeated at the end, but come on....this was an episode that was thrown around just to boost ratings...not to many people liked the show at the end..to many questions are still lurking around at the end of the episode......oh well....it's just a tv show though...

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Why shouldn't the Enterprise win? These were a handful of Borg with a ship that wasn't even their own!

These Borg never actually died, either. They were frozen. Probably when they woke up they were immediately linked to the...

I just realized. The entire Star Trek series is flawed. Why would they have to SEND the information to the homeworld (in this, First Contact, and I'm sure many other times) if their minds are connected to everyone on the homeworld? Wouldn't the information link directly to them?

The whole timeline is flawed, even before Enterprise came out.

Anyway, I don't think it's all that big of a deal that the Enterprise crew was able to defeat the Borg. It wasn't a Borg ship, so the crew knew their vulnerable points, giving them a slight advantage.

Other than that, I have no idea how they won!:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well they won because they were the Enterprise. BUT going on to the subject of flawed time lines, I am writing a SciFi novel and want to have a time machine in it but get VERY confused by time it is a hard thing to work out.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Well they won because they were the Enterprise. BUT going on to the subject of flawed time lines, I am writing a SciFi novel and want to have a time machine in it but get VERY confused by time it is a hard thing to work out.
I could help you out with any problems you have with that. I have a habit of trying to figure things like that out. My borhter has a friend, sometimes I'll sit down wiht him and we'll just debate the space-time continuum for hours! (and yet, I still can't spell.)

Note: slight exageration, but you get the idea.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe you can help... It's very difficulte.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
it really doesn't matter what ship they were in, they assimlated the ship so therefor the ship is now borg, no matter if it wasn't a borg ship to begin with. still these borg were more advanced than the enterprise or archer's crew. they were in a 22nd century ship, but they assimalted it, added new technology, and helped it become more advanced than any other 22nd century ship. in all honestly, the writers never want the borg to win and make them look like they are another beatable race....just take a look at voyager episodes that had the borg...

if you remember in first contact, the borg that were on the enterprise were trying to establish a link with the borg living in the 21st century. the borg that were on the enterprise were connected to the queen that was also on the enterprise. i guess they had a different frequency or something than the borg from the 22nd century. they were also more advanced than the borg in the 21st century so i guess the borg in the 22nd century had more of a primitive form of connection....

now that you think about it, there are a lot of questions that come with this episode..but it's startrek and not real life....

ryan