The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Okay, thanks you two. :big_grin:

Video actually begins saying something like "people have been asking how do muppets ride bikes since the movie was released in 1979"... I guess I'm really not the first to wonder. :wink:
Thanks again, and the video was pretty awesome.
Yea I would think that seeing Kermit ride a bike back in 1979, would really blow peoples mind back then.

I'm sorry about the delay but I promase that I will get these questions sent sometimes this weekend.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We have Answers

Here ya go sorry it took me so long to sending the questions off. I just got lazy, but i can only say that i will try and do better next time.

Asking Jim Lewis

From AnimatedC9000: Dear Jim,

Thank you for answering my questions. (Yes, you did get that one right.) Now, I've read somewhere that your favorite Muppet movie is "The Muppet Movie" (am I correct?), and I know that your favorite Muppet is Fozzie Bear (from various questions asked). Now for the question: What are your favorite Fozzie moments (from the movies, the TV shows, or any moments you can think of)?

Ooh, these questions really do get tougher as you play for bigger prizes. A lifeline seems in order about now; I think I should poll the audience. While waiting their response, I can say that my favorite moment is on the Edgar Bergen episode of “The Muppet Show” where Fozzie is doing his ventriloquist act with Chuckie….not realizing he has to do Chuckie’s voice. Absurd, subversive, sweet all at once. Perfection by way of Frank Oz and Jerry Juhl.

2. From Bob the Pizza Boy: Hey Jim!

Now that Pepe's book is out, do you think Hyperion might set up a book tour/signing with you and Bill?

There can only be one response to this: Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha.
That said, I don’t think my wife will let me go.

From Dwayne: Ever since the Jim Henson Hour we have seen the Muppets use CG (Computer Graphics) to help the Muppets do more. As a writer does that help open the door for things the Muppets may not have been able to do before computers where used?

Not really. I never think about that stuff. I think about the characters and let the really smart people figure out how to pull it off. Amazingly, they always do.

4. From JimJudy: Hey this is JimJudy, I have another question, why on Muppet Wikia does it say your a former Jim Henson staff writer? Is that referring to the pre-Disney era?

That’s right. In 1988 I began working for Henson Associates (ha!), which begat Jim Henson Productions, which begat The Jim Henson Company, which eventually sold the Muppets to The Walt Disney Company. I currently work for myself (a mean and miserly tyrant, I), but consult with Disney about matters Muppet. And that’s why I’m not a Jim Henson staff writer any more.

From Ignorance (New question asker) : This is Ask Jim Lewis... so what can we ask you questions about? Muppets? Yourself? Anything? I'm a tad confused. Not to mention I just asked a question about asking questions. Boy, I'm an idiot.

If I understand your question correctly, I’d have to say the answer is: French philosopher Jean-Baptiste de Boyer in the parlour with a toaster waffle.

And we also have a comment from Ryan: really can't think of a question for Jim... I just have to compliment him until I grow blue in the face on how awesome Pepe's book was. It was just amazing. A perfect "voice" for the Prawn and answered a lot of questions I had about his personal life, past, and relationship with some of the Muppets (also if he does actually type/write out the "okays" and that he DOES indeed spell it "okay" and not "hokay" like in the fan-fics I write). But anyway! It was truly fantastic, Jim, and I really can't wait for Piggy's! I really liked the change in format from Kermit's book, too. A very welcome surprise, okay!

You are welcome. I have much to learn from you all, which is why I keep coming back despite your improved security precautions - JL

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Jim,

Perhaps as a fellow writer, can you talk a bit about the thought process of putting a new character in a pre-existing universe is like? After all, this happens with the Muppets all the time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jim,

Perhaps as a fellow writer, can you talk a bit about the thought process of putting a new character in a pre-existing universe is like? After all, this happens with the Muppets all the time.
Wow what a question! I can't beleive i never thought about that. You know that has gone on ever since the Muppet began on Sam&Friends and the Ed Sullavan show. Wow what a good question.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*laughs* That's a great moment, Jim. "Why did he chicken cross the road! ?"

Okay, new question... do you have any projects that you worked on that you remember fondly? (In other words, have any favorite Muppet projects that you worked on?)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
*laughs* That's a great moment, Jim. "Why did he chicken cross the road! ?"

Okay, new question... do you have any projects that you worked on that you remember fondly? (In other words, have any favorite Muppet projects that you worked on?)
Well i hate to say this, but that question has preety much been ran into the ground. Jim has said many times and even on the last Muppet Cast that his Favorite work was Muppet Classic Theater. The little Direct to VHS show, where the Muppets do six fairy tales with there own Muppety twist to them. It's also where we see Andy and Randy Pig for the first time.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
JIM! Jim Lewis ol' buddy ol' pal ol' friend, it's TogetherAgain again--I love saying that--with a VERY important question! It is a question that we, the Obsessed Muppet Fans, are DESPERATE to have answered! It would spare us all great STRESS and ANXIETY and WRINKLES and BALDING and GRAY HAIRS (or white, as the case may be) and OTHER signs of PREMATURE AGING if you would just be so VERY kind and do us the honor of ANSWERING this ALL IMPORTANT QUESTION!

...Was I a little too over-the-top there? WAIT! NO! That's not the question! The question IS! ...When Kermit is blogging, what are all the pictures of on the wall behind him? We're especially curious about the black-and-white one above the stamp picture and next to the Muppet Christmas Carol poster. THANKS JIM!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've got a question! Who wrote the material for the Whatnot's on The Today Show?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think I will let our Good friend Ryan Send this next batch of questions.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Dear Jim,

If you won a cruise trip to the Bahamas and were told that you could invite 5 Muppets, who would they be and why?