The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi there Jim! How're things? How are the book sales going? Big plans for 2009? I certainly hope so! Now... for my question!

Were you at all involved in the pre-production of the never-produced show, "Uncle Deadly's House of Badness"? It seems like a really interesting idea and I'd love to know of any information you might have on it. Thanks Jim!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi there Jim! How're things? How are the book sales going? Big plans for 2009? I certainly hope so! Now... for my question!

Were you at all involved in the pre-production of the never-produced show, "Uncle Deadly's House of Badness"? It seems like a really interesting idea and I'd love to know of any information you might have on it. Thanks Jim!
I never heard anything about that got any info on it?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Uncle Deadly's Home of Badness? I haven't heard of that either...I'm very interested in that!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well this thread is long over do for a bump! So as we blow the dust off this old friend lets see what kind of questions we may come up with. I'm sure pepople would love to ask Jim about the Diva code or maybe even the new Muppet Comic books coming out very soon. So we do have a lot that still has not be talked about.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey Jim! Ryan again! Just a few questions for you...

One, how is The Diva Code selling? Well, I hope. Well enough to generate future books?

Two, are you excited to see these comic books come to fruition and be released? I think they're a very exciting piece of work!

Three, how are you doing, sir? How are things in the business? Hope all is well!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I will reiterate my question to Jim as it has been making the rounds in this forum and others.

Hello Mr Lewis. I have purchased both books, Prawn and Diva, and was wondering if a Fozzie Bear joke book would be in the works sometime? I know he's one of your Muppet faves. Fans are also clamoring for more pictures in these tomes. Is that a possibility? Thanks for your time. :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
lol wow that was fast lol i gusse sometimes all it takes is a little reminder that we are here lol!

I think ill send these and the one about Uncle Deadly off and see what happens!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi Jimbo, Jimmy, Jim...er...Mr Lewis, sir...I wanted to just say that I have truly loved and enthused and really really gotten giddy over all of Miss Piggy's appearances when she was promoting the Book. She was looking lovely, and I felt she was being a true inspiration to women everywhere...and, er, me as well. She really is THE Diva, and I hope her Diva code is selling well. It deserves it!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here we go I have some great answers for yall today, and i get a little exited when I hear the Answer that he gives Frogboy4!

Some Questions for Jim Lewis

From Ryan: Hi there Jim! How're things? How are the book sales going? Big plans for 2009? I certainly hope so! Now... for my question!

Book sales? No one tells me. I just go to the local bookstore and reshelf the Piggy and Pepe and Kermit books so they get a more prominent display, all the time looking in the books and laughing uproariously. Shameless? Sure. But you knew that.
As for “Uncle Deadly’s House of Badness” – It is a Kirk Thatcher-birthed idea that is sublime in every aspect, none of which I am at liberty to share here, or Kirk will never buy me another coffee. And that’s where I draw the line. In short, it’s exactly what it sounds like – a reawakening of the Muppet monsters (non-preschool division) as seen in the early Jim years. Only moreso. There goes my coffee.

2. Also from Ryan: Hey Jim! Ryan again! Just a few questions for you...

One, how is The Diva Code selling? Well, I hope. Well enough to generate future books?

Two, are you excited to see these comic books come to fruition and be released? I think they're a very exciting piece of work!

Three, how are you doing, sir? How are things in the business? Hope all is well!

I’m doing fine. The sales figures aren’t something I know, though I’ve heard they’re doing well and I’m still hopeful we’ll do more in the future. And the comic books are wonderful. Saw the galleys. And the writer/artist Roger Langridge really gets the characters. Great stuff.

3. From: Frogboy4: Hello Mr Lewis. I have purchased both books, Prawn and Diva, and was wondering if a Fozzie Bear joke book would be in the works sometime? I know he's one of your Muppet faves. Fans are also clamoring for more pictures in these tomes. Is that a possibility? Thanks for your time

What a coincidence, I have a meeting with the Tome Pictures Committee today. I will pass your clamor along. I will, in fact, recommend that for future books. As for those future books, I can only hope they happen. Would love to do a Fozzie Bear joke book since all the jokes are old and can simply be culled, winnowed and otherwise stolen from the files of Gags Beasley. Would also like toe see Sam Eagle do a book…and Rowlf…and Lew Zealand, or better yet, his fish. Ah, the possibilities are endless! Tell your congressman!

4. From Beauregrad: Hi Jimbo, Jimmy, Jim...er...Mr Lewis, sir...I wanted to just say that I have truly loved and enthused and really really gotten giddy over all of Miss Piggy's appearances when she was promoting the Book. She was looking lovely, and I felt she was being a true inspiration to women everywhere...and, er, me as well. She really is THE Diva, and I hope her Diva code is selling well. It deserves it!

Piggy is wonderful, isn’t she. She is always herself. And while she deserves and takes all the credit, one cannot help but tip their chapeau (that’s French!) to Eric Jacobsen, who has accompanied her on all these tour appearances. I will pass along your kudos.

Thanks So Much Jim!