The Cat Came Back...and Has the Report to Prove It!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay guys, the post you've been waiting for. Matt Comes Home!

Lets see....Good trip, very good trip. Here is the indepth rundown by day:

Day 0: We Arrive - Straight from school, no time to spare. Bags packed, in the car we go. 3 and a half hours up to Orlando. Got a good amount of reading done, slept, yadda yadda. We arrive at the beautiful Polynesian resort, within walking distance to the Maigc Kingdom. We were greeted by a lovely Disney person, who helped us get our stuff to the room. We go, watch some TV, and sleep. Not much, but then again, its Day 0.

Day 1: The Kingdom of Magic - Yes, it truely does deserve its title. We hopped all over a nearly empty MK, going on Space Mountain twice (once on each side) for no other reason than it would be a sin not to. They were so uncrowded they were sending empty cars out on the track. Beautiful stuff. We did everything there, had a fun time, and ate dinner at the AMAZING California Grill in the Contemporary. The waiter and I got into a small conversation about the Muppets when he noticed my little Kermit drawing on the table. He was nice, but not really a fan. We went back to the hotel, and slept yet again. Don't worry, Muppet stuff comes soon I promise.

Day 2: Why Islands of Adventure is Not Disney - This was probably the least cool day of the trip. We went to Universal Studios "Islands of Adventure" park, straying from our native Disney. BIG MISTAKE. This is all my opinion of course, but here it is: This park is a trashy Disney wannabe, and here is why. First off, they basically stole every subtheme idea from Disney. For example, the Fastpass idea Disney thought up was taken by them, the single-rider line idea was stolen, many popular ride ideas were stolen, and even the now-popular pin tradin idea was copied. Second, the place was wall-to-wall merchandise. There were some areas that had 1 ride and then nothing else but stores. That erked me. Finally, this may sound stupid, but the quality of people there was so much lower than Disney. There were alot more trashy people there, and it bothered me alot. Not to say Disney doesn't have its share of trash...this place was just so much worse. I think I got a rash from the food there too, but whatever. There was one cool thing about the park though, and that was Marvel Comics Superhero Island. Very fun place for us comic nerds. Anyway, we spent the day there, went back to the hotel for a little swimming, and slept yet again. Here Come the Muppets!!!

Day 3: MGM ROCK - Okay, here it is. The day began with me wearing my new Cantus shirt a friend made for me (my avatar picture on a forest green shirt. ROCKin'). I made a bet with my mother that not a soul would know who Cantus was, including the people working at MV3D. Bet made, we start the day. Eat breakfast of "Hollywood and Vine" which is by far the greatest breakfast buffet ever. We go round and round, til finally I get to my Muppet*Vision. This is where the fun starts. We go the the area by the fountain (which is in full working order, Piggy is back in the center and everything looks good), and the area music is "Couldn't We Ride." Matt smiles REALLY wide. I do a little dance around, enjoying the atmosphere. The song changes to "Moving Right Along," my favorite Muppet song. Smile gets bigger. I stare at the "Now Playing: MV3D" poster with Kermit in the directors chair, and tell the family its time to go in. We go in through the main hallway, noone recognizes Cantus. We watch the preshow, which is still beautiful. I think people were getting angry as I recited certain lines, especiall during Gonzo's tap dance. Looking around, I saw many of the old classics on the walls. Looking over my head, I was surprised to see the Jim tribute puppet picture hanging from the ceiling (the puppet shown on the "Tributes" button over in the MC frames). I hadn't noticed that before. Okay anyway, the preshow ends, and we go into the theater. Its still so magical...so darn magical. We sit, the show starts, fun fun. Then something great happened. I was sitting by the end of the row near the exit doors, near where Sweetums runs after he does his appearances. So, Sweetums comes out, and does his stuff. As hes going into the back, he looked over to me. I waved and said "I love you Sweetums!" He waved to me. That, was rock n roll. So, after another amazing MV3D, we left the theater and headed for the merchandise. Nothing new really. They are selling the Kermit lamps now, which is cool. Also a nice Piggy tank top, which I bought for my sister for her birthday. We left there, and this is when the best part of the entire trip happened. Kermit and Piggy were standing outside. Yes thats right, they were standing out there, waiting to take a picture with me. I was so amazed to see them, being I thought since the Disney/Henson deal never went through they never had the characters out anymore. But there they were, Kermit and Piggy. I was so thrilled I shed a tear of happiness. Here is the clicker though; Kermit saw my shirt and recognized Cantus! Kermit, was the only one to recognize him that day. I lost my bet with mom, but I didn't care. I took 2 pics with Kermit and Piggy, and I'll have them online soon for everyone to look at.

...and so, that was my trip. Thanks for reading this far, and if you have questions or comments, do post. :smile:

-Matt

bluedreamer

Reaction score
Thanks for posting about your holiday Matt! Soooooo jealous ....sooo jealous! Can't wait until you have the pics up to have a look at too! Reading about it was almost as if I was there with you!

(sob sob cry cry) I'll get there one day! If it's the last thing I do!

PS Thanks now I have the cat came back song stuck in my head! Lucky I have the words!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thanx bluedreamer..I think you might be the only person who took the time to read it all. :smile: You get the first danish of the day. :big_grin:

-Matt

furryfella

Reaction score
Glad you had fun matt!! I haven't been to disney in almost 17 years!!! my cousins go there every year!!!:big_grin:

bluedreamer

Reaction score
Cool! I get the first danish! Apple I hope? Hot and steamy out of the oven! :big_grin: I'm eagerly awaiting those photos! It will be a long time before I get to go there!

grail

Reaction score
hey, i read the whole thing too! do i get a danish?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Did you catch the MGM Parade?

Kermit and Piggy (and sometimes Sweetums) have a car in the "Stars & Motor Cars" parade that they have every day at the studios.
The Muppet Show theme is also worked into the parade music.

I'm sure there are pics of it somewhere on the net (maybe laughingplace.com) if you missed it.

Chris

SuprGro78

Reaction score
I am so jealous! I have been there about 24 times (once a year since birth) and to disneyland twice, but I never saw Kermit an piggy there. I think its time to go back. I love Disney world. I know it's Universal, but didn't you love the Spiderman ride?

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I've been to Disney easily as many times as you Cantus, and I agree that it never gets old.

And yes, living in Orlando, I should know: Universal sucks. It's terrible. The coasters *wish* that they were Busch Gardens. The whole park is so in your face. It's a big commercial. Even Disney World hasn't become that bad. You know? Ridiculous, that place.

-Chris