The Clarence thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else get reminded of Buster's Dino Dilemma? Only this time it was an accident, and it was Clarence feeling guilty that Sumo was "caught"

...but in reality he was called aside to go to the dentist to get rid of his rotten tooth, and was too high off of the anesthetic to come into school the next day.

Also, the imaginary cartoon dinosaur that Clarence was imagining. I could swear he sounded like a character from Harvey Beaks, but I can't confirm that without looking it up. Credits said that it was the same guy who's the voice of Breen, I think.

mr3urious

Reaction score
When Clarence feels remorse, he really feels remorse. That dinosaur kid he imagined sure did beat him down.

Also, the maintenance guy at the museum looked like he was drawn by Gary Larson because of the big black line he had for eyes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked seeing Sumo and Jeff getting jealous that they weren't the only ones invited to Clarence's birthday, expecting no one else but them to attend. Also loved how Clarence rode his bike to make amends with the two in a way only Clarence can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This episode is a brilliant contrast to the original series pilot. Rather than Sumo and Jeff being the only guests, everyone even Belson shows up. That's a rather heartwarming undertone. It goes to show how far Clarence came since the first episode where he barely had any friends to being the most popular kid in school.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We certainly got a fun and disturbing episode where Clarence and his friends climb the tree that Chad and his friends carved their initials in when they were young so they can do the same, as it's about to be torn down. I loved how massive and creepy the tree looked from their imaginations, as well as how dolls were used as "stunt doubles" when they fell out of it.

I hope to see at least one flashback ep. with a young Chad someday, as he and his buddies could use some fleshing out.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now that was one epic episode. It was a half-hour affair that was about the kids playing Capture the Flag, which parodied Mad Max with juice substituting gasoline. Not to mention
Lord Sumongous.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now that was one epic episode. It was a half-hour affair that was about the kids playing Capture the Flag, which parodied Mad Max with juice substituting gasoline. Not to mention
Lord Sumongous.
Hola, sorry you haven't had your usual back and fourth with Drtooth on these cartoon threads :sympathy:. I'll try to catch up on these shows for you if that'll help.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Hola, sorry you haven't had your usual back and fourth with Drtooth on these cartoon threads :sympathy:. I'll try to catch up on these shows for you if that'll help.
Yeah, me and Tooth are really the ones who have a passion for these kinds of things, and it's really awkward and lonely for me double-posting in the cartoon threads. So I really appreciate you picking up the slack. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Motel" was a very sweet bonding moment between Clarence and Chad. They both felt guilt over the bug infestation Clarence caused in their house brought on by a rap song on the radio about "momma spankin' yo butt", and even after the huge mess they made in their motel room when Mary was away, they try to make it up to her by cleaning it up, only for them to be dragged into a money-making housekeeping scheme among other things. Loved the touch that Mary, alone in their room and unaware of the cleanup job the boys did, made a little mess in a satisfied manner, as she felt it wasn't her problem being in a motel and all.