1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Count on "The Simpsons"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Convincing John, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

On tonight's Simpsons, the Count played a cameo! Here's what happened:

The cemetery got moved next door to Springfield, and it was scaring Marge, who said:

"This is too spooky for me. I don't even like watching the Count on Sesame Street." Then they showed Maggie watching SS and the Count was on. They showed a brief scene of him counting: "One coconuts! Two coconuts! Three coconuts! Ah ah ah ah ah!" To which Marge replied: "Go back to your own country!"

Convincing John
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I saw it too. It was good, but not the best muppet "appearance" on The Simpsons.

I wonder if the producers of the simpsons have ever considered getting the actual performers to perform the voices of any Muppets that have made appearances on the show? I wonder if any of the performers would like to make guest appearances?
  3. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I remember when Lisa asked Homer was a muppet was. he did not know.

I also remember when Troy McClure stared in some muppet movie and he was talking to Miss Piggy! Funny stuff.

ryan
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Darn I missed it. Oh well when the DVD of that season comes out I'll see it. I love all the muppet stuff on the Simpsons. It's funny.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

it was "Muppets go Midevil"

Lisa: Dad Whats a Muppet
    Homer: welll.... it not quie a Puppet not quite a Mop but boy are they funny..........so i don't know
    Lisa: Look at that Leather Muppet
    Marge thats not a leather muppet thats Troy McLure

well it will be a wil it is SEASON 17 and Dvd wise we are only on Season 6

they will probley rerun it soon
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I missed it... but I taped it! So I'll watch it tonight.

An interesting thing about Muppet appearances on the Simpsons is that on my huge Simpsons poster that has every character on it, Kermit (from the Troy McClure episode Kimp just mentioned) is one of them. :)
  7. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I know, I've got that poster. And if you notice, Kermit's right square in the middle of the poster. Very nice! :)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

That's funny!
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

They should rerun it sometime in the near future (the new season's epsiodes get replayed on weeks without new episodes), otherwise you'd have to wait until December 2010 for the Season 17 DVD boxset to come out. :p
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

one sec on the orange poster from like 1999
  11. Kimp the Shrimp

Ok i See Kermit But........ it's the Kermit From Krusty's Funeral he is standing next to Helen Lovejoy, David Crosby the Kermit form the Mvie was in armour and was a litter green but excellent find i have that humg up in my basement but never saw it
    i also have the poster as part of a a Simpsons Triva game you have to identify characters so i will have to look to see if it is noted brb
  12. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

HAHAHAHAHA! That scene was HILARIOUS!!!

I also liked how on the episode, instead of the Count's trademark "Ah ha ha ha!" he did a scary ghoulish laugh, like, "HOO-HOO-HOO-HA-HA-HA-HA!" They should have added thunder and lightning to it, though.
  13. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

I have that clip on CD (dont remember how I got it) but my version is a bit diffrent

"Dad whats a Muppet?"
    "Well its not quite a mop, and its not quite a puppet, but ma-a-a-n, hehehe... so does that answer your question? I dont know."

I also on the same cd have a pariody of "Muppets from Space" only its "Muppets from Japan" where they kinda sound like the 3 stooges
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

Lisa: Dad, what's a muppet?
    Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet, but
    man... [laughs] So to answer your question I don't know.

Bart: Why'd they make that one muppet out of leather?
    Marge: That's not a leather muppet, that's Troy McClure. Mmm, back in
    the '70s he was quite a teen heartthrob.
  15. Kimp the Shrimp

TV: "Movie For A Rained-Out Ballgame" now returns to Dyan Cannon,
    Troy McClure, and the Muppets in the 1977 film: "The Muppets Go
    Medieval".
    Troy: Oh Princess Fair, wilst thou grant me thine dainty hoof in
    marriage?
    Piggy: Oh, Sir Lies-A-Lot, I will!
    [they kiss each other]
    Troy: [purrs]
    Kermit: [in armor, wielding a sword] Unhand the swine, you swain! Come,
    Piggy. back to Hamelot.
    Piggy: Heck no, frog. Me and Iron Pants are just getting acquinted.
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

Jim henso Muppets and seasame have been in 7 episodes of the simpsons

A FISH CALLED SELMA S4
    MISSONARY IMPOSSIBLE S9
    BART SPANGLED BANNER S15
    THE GIRL WHO SLEPT TWO LITTLE S17
    BRAWL IN THE FAMILY
    MY SISTER, MY SITTER
    OLD MAN AND THE C STUDENT
  17. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

My favorite muppet appearance on the Simpsons definitely involves the line:

"Elmo knows where you live!"

:)
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

Missonary: Impossible PBS Telethon
    '
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Count appareance was basically one of the only 2 funny things in the episode. I also like how they lampooned Maurice Sendak for letting Bell Atlantic use his "Wild things" for advertisements. Other than that, it was pretty forgettable.
  20. Xela

Xela New Member

Aww, I must have missed that part of the episode. I saw it, but not all of it. Darn.