The Country Bears

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I was just watching Disney's new movie "The Country Bears", and at the end of the movie it showed the credits, and it said that The Jim Henson Creature Shop built the Bears! I wonder why that wasn't mentioned on the cover? I bet Disney paid a chunk of money for them to be built!

Jake

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that would be A HUGE chunk of cash.....and considering the movie didn't do what disney thought it would in theaters....they might have lost some money!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard somewhere that animatronic Puppets aren't cheap to make. I wonder if The Creature shop has anything to do with The Jim Henson Co. when it sells? Are they seperate buisnesses? I think they are, since The Creature Shop has a different name, and they seem to be making good money on movies?!

Jake

P.S. I also heard that Country Bears Didn't do well in theatures too. Too bad, It's a pretty good movie I think.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the henson creature shop does a lot of styff. the thing i remembered the most is when they did the costumes for the teenage mutant ninja turtle films which was real cool...bet those gusy ho made those costumes got paid a good hunk of change..

ryan

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
You may be interested to know that the puppeteers on Country Bears were all Henson regulars: Julianne Buescher, Alice Dinnean, Terri Hardin, Michelin Sisti and Allan Trautman.

Another recent Disney/Henson collaboration was the use of Henson's digital performance control system to animate a version of Treasure Planet character "B.E.N." for promotional purposes. Bruce Lanoil puppeteered the character.

secret squirrel

Bean Bunnysan

Reaction score
The movie was so bad! I could not believe it was a henson creation of creators :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
the henson creature shop does a lot of styff. the thing i remembered the most is when they did the costumes for the teenage mutant ninja turtle films which was real cool...bet those gusy ho made those costumes got paid a good hunk of change..
The first TMNT film ranks as one of my top 3 films of all time...JHC made that film cool(Splinter was even puppeteered by Kevin Clash) and if there is ever to be a new live action theatrical TMNT film they definately need JHC aboard. There is a big new TMNT revival happening(the new Ninja Turtles show debuts Feb 8th on Fox!) so its a possibility.

As for Country Bears...as David Letterman would say(while adjusting his colar) 'Eyyyerrrrrrrrrr'

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I always thought it was sweet that they dedicated the second turtle movie to Jim.

I must say, I am a bit of a closet TMNT fan. . .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda funny though......

At first Jim didn't want to make the TMNT movie because it was violent, but they persuaded him that it was sort of Comical action.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
I always thought it was sweet that they dedicated the second turtle movie to Jim.

I must say, I am a bit of a closet TMNT fan. . .
Closet? Well coem out of that shell closet, as NO BETTER time to be a TMNT fan than now! With a kick butt great new cartoon coming next month, new toys, new comic, new video games coming out...heck its almost like 1989 again! hehe

as for the movies...sad how the film series went from dark and edgy like the original comic to just plaion lame. Lets hope a new movie is much closer to the original!(and JHC is involved)