The Dancing Slinkies!

Starbelly

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone remember this? My bro and sis absolutely loved these guys. They basically looked like yellow tubes that were very slinky like in nature but looked more like macaroni noodles with eyes and maribou hair. There were three larger ones and one teeny one. The teeny one kept trying to dance with the big guys but they kept squishing them. He finally got to dance at the end with one of the larger ones and he heisted up one "leg" and blasted the other away with a very loud honk a big puff of smoke. It was so funny!

And another funny sketch that comes to mind...

My sister liked the one about the little fish that swam and swam all over the dam. They sang boop boop diddum daddum waddup SHOO! They made a cute little sneeze noise for the shoo part. Heh heh.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya. I remember the dancing slinkies,on TMS & the Ed Sullivan Show(very good & classic skit). And the Three Little Fishies song was sung in the movie Night of the Iguana,just FYI lol(good sketch too). :cool:

3 Little Fishies(lyrics):

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
Swam three little fishies and a mama fishie too
"Swim" said the mama fishie, "Swim if you can"
And they swam and they swam all over the dam

Boop boop dit-tem dat-tem what-tem Chu!
And they swam and they swam all over the dam

"Stop" said the mama fishie,
"or you will get lost"
The three little fishies didn't wanna be bossed
The three little fishies went off on a spree
And they swam and they swam right out to the sea

And they swam and they swam right out to the sea

"Whee!" yelled the little fishies,
"Here's a lot of fun
We'll swim in the sea till the day is done"
They swam and they swam, and it was a lark
Till all of a sudden they saw a shark!

Till all of a sudden they saw a shark!

"Help!" cried the little fishies,
"Gee! look at all the whales!"
And quick as they could, they turned on their tails
And back to the pool in the meadow they swam
And they swam and they swam back over the dam

And they swam and they swam back over the dam.

Beth C

Reaction score
The 3 little fishies song is part of the Mark Hamil episode.

My 3 kids love it, because they say they are the 3 little fishies, I'm the mama fish and their Dad is the shark!

It's a great skit.

~Beth C

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beth C said:
The 3 little fishies song is part of the Mark Hamil episode.

My 3 kids love it, because they say they are the 3 little fishies, I'm the mama fish and their Dad is the shark!

It's a great skit.

~Beth C
Yup it was in there alright,but in Iguana too,lol.I couldn't believe that was used somewhere other than TMS.I like that sketch too.I remember when Madonna was on The Rosie O'Donnell show,they brought the song up,and I was like,where have I heard that song before,lol. Glad you like it too Beth C! :excited: :zany:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
The dancing slinkies (Java) is such a cool sketch. Probabaly my favorite early Muppet sketch and one of the most memorable. The Three Little Fishes song is so much fun too. I actually sang that one in my 3rd grade concert back in the day although the Muppets are better at it than we were. But then again who could beat the Muppets :flirt:

Starbelly

Reaction score
Thanks for remembering that one guys. Incidentally that was the Ethel Merman episode. It would be rad if someone knew where we could get that clips somewhere.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really love the "Java" sketch too. I recently bought the "Java" song on the iTunes music store, and it cracks me up when I hear it on my iPod. I can't help doing the little dance!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that Frank Oz came up with the Java sketch, or at least made the puppets for it. It's such a great little number, and one of my favorite sketches from Ed Sullivan. Also, probably the only number (other than Mahna Mahna) that was recreated on The Muppet Show better than the original version.

For some reason, even though it's still really funny, the Inchworm sketch doesn't work as well on The Muppet Show with Lenny the Lizard... although I always crack up hearing his version of the song that gets hummed.

jediX

Reaction score
Who doesn't love those guys. I get that song stuck in my head all the time. :wink:

Starbelly

Reaction score
And I have to say that I looove your avatar. That sure was a neat segment wasn't it?