1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Dark Crystal Series for the Cartoon Network

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by junglecat, Sep 20, 2009.

1. junglecat New Member

ReptileFilms is supposedly developing The Dark Crystal Series for the Cartoon Network. The link is here: http://www.reptilefilms.com/portfolio.php. (They are also working on the Doozers Series, that has already been confirmed). It seems legit, but I have only heard about The Dark Crystal Movie. What do you guys think? I hope this is true!
  2. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Cool. I would totally watch that. :scary::scary::scary:
  3. Laszlo Member

I thought it was cancelled?
  4. The 11th UrRu Member

Great find junglecat! I hope it happens.
  5. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

It'd be awesome to see this, but I'm not holding my breath.
  6. muppet baby Active Member

I am totally going to watch this and have it on seaosn pass on my dvr when this show airs . WOW OH WOW .

i can not wait to see this , I love the dark crystal movie so much , this is really going to be so cool .:)
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's the problem...

There was no official announcement from Henson, and there isn't any information saying that it was the 2005 presentation that never got off the ground or not. Seems like they got to the pilot development stage, when the 2005 one probably didn't.

If this is real, i sure hope it does happen. Dark Crystal NEEDS that push, or it will be just like that Robot Chicken skit for the sequel.
  8. junglecat New Member

Hey thanks for the heads up about the Robot Chicken skit. I didn't know it existed. lol.
  9. muppet baby Active Member

I really hope that this series comes around and in production some time in the next 2 years . I really would love to see something that would do the great henson movie justice and become a classic like the movie . The movie has some amazing plot and cast . I will be watching this tv series of the movie for many years to come once it is out .

I think they will do a great Job on it i think .:)

I hope that by them not having it out by now means that they are taking there time with this series to make it great .

I will be so sad if it is sloppy but i do not think it will be ;)
  10. Count von Count Active Member

Cool! I take it that if they make this show it will be a cartoon show.(like the books) Not puppets.
  11. Gelfling Girl Active Member

I hope it gets the green light. :):):)
  12. muppets2 New Member

yea probably
  13. Gelfling Girl Active Member

That would also be cool if they made a Labyrinth TV series.
  14. muppets2 New Member

yea that would also be cool:):D
  15. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

It's only cool until extra characters are added. Then everyone will say blasphemy. ;)
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

They ALWAYS add extra characters when it comes to making a cartoon out of a movie. Disney did it with The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and a whole bunch of others... all the Star Wars cartoons (from Ewoks to Clone Wars) had new characters. It's an inevitability for plot reasons.
  17. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I was referencing the dislike of RTL characters on other boards (and, based on my little fanfic survey, it's not like the fantasy worlds are very popular fic-wise ... apparently, you have to be from a swamp or a farm in order to get an audience bigger than a couple).
  18. It would be neat if they were able to make this happen. My only concern is that i hope they will manage to keep the awesome ambience alive in a series, and not go the way of so many 'made for tv' adapts and downplay everything to the most common denominator to attract Joe Average to watch it.

I think if done properly, this would be a popular series. I would love to see the world these creatures live in be explored further. That would ROCK!

:scary:
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have yet to see an incredibly poor adaption (as a TV show) of a movie... I've seen mediocre ones (Dumb and Dumber for example), and some that are actually more memorable than the movies themselves (I'm sorry... I LOVE the Ghostbusters movie and all, but I think the cartoon series had a more significant impact on 80's kids)... but I have never seen a poor one of a good movie.

Poor one of a bad movie (Evolution... even the THEME song was a ripoff of Ghostbusters), maybe.

I'm sure that they have quite a bit to work with, if this project ISN'T the one proposed several years back. Sure, we WILL have to have new characters (for story's sake), but I could easily see this being a very good show if handled properly.
  20. JEANYLASER Member

thanks for the info!