The Disney afternoon of our youth

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
"DuckTales" was terrific, as well as "Chip and Dale" and "Rescue Rangers." I liked Doug a lot too. Of course I ***love*** "New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh," but I don't remember that ever being on in the afternoon. I was a big fan of the "Aladdin" series; I have most of the episodes on tape, along with most of the "Pooh" episodes.
Erin

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
When Disney bought DIC and started doing all their shows in that sloppy DIC style (Doug, Pepper Ann, Recess, etc.), I just stayed far away. Doug was the best of this bunch, but none of them seemed terribly imaginative or interesting to me.
DIC (which Disney bought through ABC in '96) was behind those shows?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"WHAT?!?! A guy who says "Awsome Possom" wins an award, and I don't even get NOMINATED?!?!?!"
Yeah! I remember that one! LOL!

I wouldn't say Quack Pack was like Ducktales, I found it kinda boring, but for a few eps,it also didn't really work with a connection of ducktales as there were no real humans in ducktales, the same goes for darkwing duck, how did humans end up in the quack pack world if it was the same world as ducktales and darkwing?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I wouldn't say Quack Pack was like Ducktales, I found it kinda boring,
Well, actually that's what I was saying, Zack. I loved DuckTales, and Quack Pack just seemed like a cheap knockoff.

BoyRaisin, I'm not sure if DIC even still exists at all. But Doug was definitely from DIC before it was bought out, and Recess and Pepper Ann both seem in the same style. These shows don't really look like Disney shows, so I consider them "the DIC-type shows that happen to be owned by Disney."

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I know DIC management bought DIC from Disney a few years ago and actually bought Golden Books, but haven't heard from them since.

And Doug, formerly a Nickelodeon character, was created by Jumbo Pictures, but they SOMEHOW teamed up with Disney for the ABC show. As for Recess and Pepper Ann, well, I guess Disney just drew them differently, just like (the almighty, extraordinary, magnificent) Kim Possible.

I dunno. :smirk:

travscot

Reaction score
Disney Afternoon Opener

I am continuing my search for a VHS or DVD with the Disney Afternoon Opener on it. I would even settle for something someone recorded when it was on the sir in the 90's. I have been searching for a couple of years for this video and have found it on YouTube and other sites, but nothing in a quality decent enough to show on a tv screen!

In all your infinite Disney Video wisdom, do you or anyone, know of somewhere I could get a copy of the opener, even from a personal collection?

Any advice you might have is more than helpful.
Thank you so much as it means the world to me,

TravScot

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, but the Disney I remember was not the Disney of people my parents age, either, heh!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This thread is almost a joke now, since most of these shows are on DVD, some have multiple volumes already.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember the Disney Afternoon started out with Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and Talespin. And they had this opening where the Disney characters jump off a storyboard and get painted to some cool music. Darkwing Duck was part of the group, but his show hadn't aired yet and Gosalyn was there too. I wondered who were those two ducks were, until the Darkwing series was finally shown to the public.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've seen it before but I didn't have Disney Channel. But all their cartoons came on saturday and in syndication later after or during their original airings. But interesting that they had Gosalyn on their before Darkwing was introduced to the public. But it Tail Spin was on the line up then it was during 1990 that it first became a block. But they showed the cartoons long after they ended.