The Ed Sullivan Show: Best of The Muppets, Volume 1 DVD

Lynnette

Reaction score
I was just joking about Ed Sullivan. I just had a wacky image of him with a Muppet on his arm and talking in a funny voice. Yeah, wasn't he the original Animal? :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think that would be funny. Like a puppet form of himself on the Muppet Show would have been the funnist thing. Ok here's the way it would go Kermit ask Ed to host the show for one whole episode, "Welcome to the Muppet Shew.(show) We've got a wonderfull (wonderful) guest tonight." I can picture him doing that on the muppets if Kermit asked him to.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
It'd be awesome if, as kinda a tribute to him, the muppets do their own version of his show.

A muppet version of Ed Sullivan could come on and introduce a few acts, including the Beatles (or is it Beetles?). The audience would consist primarily of muppets from TMM one, and between -- and during -- sets, everything from fish to pies to penguins are being tossed in the air and up on stage.

Things just keep getting worse as the final band plays; chicken feathers everywhere; flying fish; penguins being hurtled through the air; Animal gets loose from his leash; Crazy Harry keeps blowing up stuff; and right before the control booth, run by Swedish Chef, blow a fuse after little explosions for several minutes, a giant elephant lands on Ed Sullivan.

Lights out

But yes, back to the DVD's: four releases by Christmas is just plain sweet :big_grin: ... now, if we can only get FRAGGLE ROCK and MUPPET BABIES next year...

And of course, I'm still waiting for BIG BIRD GOES TO CHINA, BIG BIRD GOES TO JAPAN and, the all-time classic, DON'T EAT THE PICTURES :smile:

crazy ernie

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
And of course, I'm still waiting for BIG BIRD GOES TO CHINA, BIG BIRD GOES TO JAPAN and, the all-time classic, DON'T EAT THE PICTURES :smile:
I have those 3 on video.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have Big Bird in China but none of the others. I won the big bird one off ebay. I want to get the others as well but like trekkie said I would want them on DVD as well if they have speical edition of them but if don't I'll just have them on video instead.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Actually, "Big Bird Dance Number" is really Carroll Spinney's character from Sesame Street, as per the episode guide at TV Tome. Here's a quote:

"The Muppets (Big Bird dances with 6 bird watchers) "

Greg