The "Eyes" have it!

intozlight

Reaction score
Just to let you puppet builders out there of a new find! If you are like me, you constantly are on the search for puppet eyes. It seems hard to find a good source. Well, yesterday I was shopping at Wal Mart and walked through the sporting goods section to get ping pong balls and found practice golfballs!

They are made of a firm foam and can be cut in half. The only drawback is that they are yellow but I am sure they will be easy to paint.

To make things even better, they are tied to a charity and a portion of the sale price goes to the charity. They come in a package of 4 for about 2.50.
They are the size of a golf ball (But smooth). I hope this helps!

You are welcome to stop by my website ripplesministry.org and see what I and my troupe are up to.
Blessings to all.

Director Davies :smile:

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I've looked for different puppet eyes,to use too.I really like your website,Great job,Davies!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
How was the skin of that fish puppet on your web site made? Is it metallic fabric that was airbrushed?

intozlight

Reaction score
"Ripley" - Our signature puppet, is made from foam, covered with Silver Lame (sp?) fabric and then airbrushed and hand-painted.

Thanks for your interest.

Phantom

Reaction score
I love the site and the Ripples logo and everything are great. I especially like the "Our lives send out Ripples". Prayers for your continued success.

renegade

Reaction score
Great Find Because of easter

I went to joann fabics this weekend and because it's easter
they have these little plastic baseballs that split in half .
they have a great glossy coat on them and are a bit bigger then a ping pong ball ,
Just take a little nail polish remover and remove the painted on baseball pattern and there Perfect for eyes whole or half
1.99 for sixteen whole balls
just thought I would share :stick_out_tongue:
thanks gang
nate

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you can find plastic eggs like the ones included in the fake food they sell in toy stores, they make really good eyes too. I've found these often in $1 stores.

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
just found this thread about eyes... just checking if anyone else did some kind of tutorial on puppet eyes

i have not found a paint to hold well in the practice golfballs... they just keep soaking it in...

i did a little Tut on the eyes i've made for a few (and possibly more) puppets i'm building... i use the foamies material... Here's the
location...

www(dot)rrpuppeteyes(dot)blogspot(dot)com (i can't post links yet)

i call them an anime style since they have the reflecions... That and i've been drawing eyes like that in some of my artworks for years...
hope this helps anyone else starting out...