The Fear of the Budget Cuts to Public TV

dinoboy

Reaction score
Yeah, it does sound scarry of the budget cuts being made to Public Tv. So far, I've notice that they shortened the beginning theme to Sesame Street.
Even after all these years, I still enjoy the show, and hate to have it taken off the air, as well as my other favorite shows, like Arthur and DragonTales.
Of course the only other time that the shows are shortened is when Channel 13 Wnet has their annual Fun Raiser or something to ask viewers for their support, become members and make a donation. They usually offer a gift of thanks, such as a totebag, membership card that offers discounts for entrance fees to museums, the arts, etc. Which is a great way to raise money, but for a fun thing, they should have some of the muppets from Sesame Street come and be with the man or woman that's talking to the viewers about the importance of public Television. i.e. Elmo or Big Bird being with the head programmer of Ch 13 and talking about how Public Television Programming has enriched their life and all the things that they have learned and how it could help you.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
it would be a shame if they cut the budgets and we lost alot of great programing like Sesame or Nature, but they can kill Dragon tales and Arthur anytime, they are some of the worst things on PBS, along with that stupid math show with the bird voiced by Gilbert Godfried,

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
it would be a shame if they cut the budgets and we lost alot of great programing like Sesame or Nature, but they can kill Dragon tales and Arthur anytime, they are some of the worst things on PBS, along with that stupid math show with the bird voiced by Gilbert Godfried,
hahah the gilbert godfried bird odly enough reminds me of the great frackle in your icon that you made :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
On the contrary, I find Arthur one of the best and most realistic kids' shows of all time! (Well, it WAS realistic until Pal and Baby Kate started talking).

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
its just my opinion, but , the design and writing on those shows is awful,

Dragon tales for sure is worse, but arthur is no winner , saddest looking AArdvark i have ever seen.

MGov

Reaction score
Well, if you believe in Public Television and you are 18 or older, there is an election coming up in November. Register to vote, find out who is for and against budget cuts to Public Television and vote accordingly.