The Gabor Sisters

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure some of us are familiar with the Gabor sisters. I hear alot about Zja Zja, and of course (being a Green Acres fan) I see alot of Eva, but I hardly hear anything about the third sister, Magda(sp?). Does anyone know anything about her?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes she died in 1997 and Eva in 1995. Zsa Zsa is still with us. I don't know much about Magda either. In my Hooterville Handbook there is a picture of her as a child but no information. In a site I looked at she is considered an entertainer, like her sisters. But there is almost nothing listed for her in regards to films, if anything. Whereas Zsa Zsa and Eva have extensive film roles. But like her sisters, she also was married multiple times. I think each Gabor sister was married at least 5 times with Zsa Zsa having the most husbands.
By the way, there is one "Green Acres" episode where Lisa Douglas mentions Zsa Zsa Gabor out of the blue. Oliver turns to her puzzled and says, "Who??"
I thought that was a neat in-joke they used. :smile: Also, a number of times throughout the years whenever I have brought up the subject of "Green Acres" people have mistakenly said, "Oh yeah that's the show with Zsa Zsa Gabor, right?" I think part of the reason is because a name like "Zsa Zsa" probably stands out in people's minds more.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sort of like on Sanford and Son, when Lamont mentions to Fred about a "Redd Foxx Look-a-Like Contest".

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, that happens a lot in sitcoms and stuff. Its fun. Its like the Frank Oz reference in Muppet Wizard of Oz.