The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

BorkBork

Reaction score
bezalel said:
Hey BorkBork, 100% should be good. It should be automatically set at 100%. I always dye antron in hot tap water - it should come out just fine!
Thanks! I am actually stiching right now. i used hot tapwater, but boiled one teaboiler of water to add to it. It turned out fine, i only had to keep it in about 25 minutes. I'm surprized at how fast antron dries. It's all dry now so i am stiching as i said. I actually handstitch. I used to work with machine but thought i should try handstitching and i think it is better. I get more detail done this way. Really cool, now that i am halfway through i can really see the pattern resembleing kermit. Altho i have another color hehe.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I'm wondering, when sewing the mouth interior to the fleece, which way should the felt meet the fleece? Inside or outside of the fleece?

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey BorkBork, I'm not sure if I understand the question completely. The stitching should be on the same side as the other stitching of the head. The stitching of the head and the mouthplate should be visible when the head is turned inside out.

Does that answer it?

BorkBork

Reaction score
That's exactly what i was wondering. And the answer was also as i thought, but i wanted to be sure. Thanks!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Ones again, lovely pattern! Here's what i've come up with. This is not for the competition tho, only for me to practice on:
Click, Click

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Looks great BorkBork! Glad you like the pattern.

I think you may have asked a question in another thread about using foam instead of polyfill to "round out" the head. That should be perfectly acceptable. I just got the same question from someone else via email. The contest rules state regarding the puppet itself:

The puppet must be made from the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern from Project Puppet. The basic head and body shape may not be altered and should be used as a base for the character. The arms and hands may be altered or entirely different. The puppet must be an original character.

As long as the head and body pattern are not altered, everything is good. Really that rule is to just to keep the playing field level - everyone starting out with the same base. Other than that your free to do whatever you want - the more creative the better!

rickmc

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and I love it! Thanks to everyone for your willingness to help and advise. I bought the "Glorified" pattern yesterday and had a great time putting it together last night (Body, head, and arms finished)! I'll add features tonight. This is one of the most entertaining projects I've worked on. I'm ready to make more!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Where do I get the ''Glorified'' Sock Puppet Pattern anyway?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, how long does it take for this to ship? I'm anxious to git it!