The great bootleg parade

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Operation Gather-Schleich continues with a vengeance.

Now, any PVC collector will know that one of the downfalls of buying these items online is having to buy them in bulk lots which will be either blessed or plagued by items one had no intention of owning.

With this in mind, for your viewing (ahem!) 'pleasure', some of the more obscure items which have come my way in these bulk lots. Any similarities to real Muppets are purely coincidental...

Anyone got anything equally wonderful to show?

dwmckim

Reaction score
That "lazy eye Orphan Annie" Piggy is so hideous, it's wonderful! I would actually love to own that!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Yeah, I have concluded that bootlegs fall into two categories: "So close but so far" and "So bad it's good"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have concluded that bootlegs fall into two categories: "So close but so far" and "So bad it's good"
Sadly, a LOT of Mario bootleggs look so good, you couldn't tell. Bootleggs have been rising in quality lately, and if you put them next to their original legal counterparts, you wouldn't be able to tell in some cases.

But these ones thankfully aren't. Especially Yogi bear color swapped Fozzie up there.

dwmckim

Reaction score
A lot of these remind me of Doc and Sprocket's garden gnomes.