The Great Muppet Muffin Scandal of '72

Smiles

Reaction score
~*~Chapter 7~*~

Miss Piggy walked into the room hopeful that THESE goofs might have been paying attention to her muffins. "SO?" she asked, "who took my muffins?" Fozzie and Rizzo looked at each other.

"The other robbery happened….," Rizzo started , stalling for time, "The muffins were stolen again?…Oh no! It must have happened on our broken TV!" Rizzo tried not to smile at the great excuse he had come up with.

"None of them look broken," Piggy said beginning to look over the TV monitors.

"Hey look! Burglars!" Fozzie said pointing out the window. While Piggy excitedly rushed toward the window, Rizzo grabbed the telephone from Fozzie and flung it at one of monitors, with great force for such a little rat.

"There’s no burglars out there," Piggy said disappointedly. She turned around and immediately saw the broken monitor, which disappointed her even more.

"Must have been a bird," Fozzie shrugged.

"Well," sighed Miss Piggy, "I guess there’s only one thing left to do."

"Field Trip!" Rizzo and Fozzie high-fived. Well, it was high for Rizzo anyway.

"I mean, that’s all that’s left to do. Too bad."

Piggy sighed again, "lets go get Scooter and Kermie."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We can handle Miss Piggy, right Robin?"

"Right Scooter."

"Just speak in short sentences and avoid eye contact."

"But how will that help?"

"Don’t ask questions, just stick to the plan!"

"Stick to the plan, right."

Miss Piggy walked into the room, Fozzie and Rizzo trailing behind her. She took a look around, and noticed for the first time that Robin was there. "Robin dear, what are you doing here?" she asked sweetly.

"Narrator," he replied keeping his eyes away from her at all costs.

Piggy looked at him confused. ‘Okay’, she thought, ‘a little strange’. "But where’s Kermie, isn’t he the narrator?"

"He left." Robin said quickly. Piggy watched his eyes looking to left, keeping a steady gaze at the vault door. Wasn’t that what people did when they were lying? But why would Robin lie to her?

"Why did he leave?" She asked getting a bit frustrated.

"Phone," said Robin, getting nervous.

"With who?" Piggy asked. She knew he must be lying.

"Bird," Robin said starting to shake, he really wasn’t up to the interrogation at the moment.

"ROBIN!" Piggy yelled, full out angry by now.

"Hi Ho," Kermit said appearing seemingly out of nowhere, "Sorry bout that." He looked around at Scooter, Robin, Fozzie, Piggy and Rizzo all staring at him. Robin was shaking and Piggy’s jaw had dropped open. "What’s going on here guys?"

Smiles

Reaction score
Real long wait for a real long chapter. I know, I know. But I just didn't know what to do there besides a chapter break, you know?

So I'll try to write the next chapter soon. Though my soon and your soon may be completely different........

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
"Speak in short sentences and don't make eye contact." geez...this is awesome Smiles!

Smiles

Reaction score
~*~Chapter 8~*~

Kermit put his jacket and looked at Robin who was still standing right by that vault where he had been earlier. "You’re sure you don’t want to come on the search?’ he asked him.

"No Uncle Kermit, I’d really rather stay here," Robin said sighing.

"Okay then," Kermit said patting the smaller frogs shoulder and walked out to meet Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter and Rizzo in front of the castle doors.

"I don’t really think this is an efficient way to do this," Fozzie pointed out, "knocking on every door we come to! To find burglars! It’ll never work. And I know, I have experience!" He held up his police badge to prove this statement.

Piggy put her hands on her hips. "Well what else can we do? We had a security failure," she took a dramatic pause, waiting for the boys to feel guilty, "this is the only option we have left."

Kermit nodded, "Piggy’s right. What do you suggest we do?"

"Well," said Fozzie, " I suppose we could go door to door."

"That’s what we were going to do in the first place," Piggy told him.

"Yeah but I have a badge!" Fozzie said showing her it again.

"He has a point," Scooter agreed, " I does have more authority coming from him."

Piggy tapped her foot annoyed, "But I’m the Queen! What more authority do you need??"

"Well that’s a point too," Scooter. Piggy shook her head as they all headed off to the first house of their search

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hours later…." Rizzo said. Kermit shot him a look. "What? Really Kermit, when was the last time you actually narrated something? Sheesh," Rizzo continued mumbling to himself as he paced around in a circle on the sidewalk.

Piggy collapsed on the curb. "I can’t take this any more, I’m tired, I’m cold, I’m hungry, these heels are killing me!" she took a tissue out of her purse and started dabbing her tear covered cheeks, "We’ve been out here for hours and hours! I don’t even know what time it is anymore… and we’ve found nothing. I give up! It’s useless!"

Kermit sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulders, it was a bit of a stretch. He tried comforting her, but nothing seemed to work so he sat there thinking for a while. A car whizzed past them and he brought back to reality. He looked up at the noise and noticed the restaurant across the street. He hadn’t realized it before but they were in downtown Kokomo.

A though sprung into his head. He turned around to tell the guys, but none of the were there any more. How long had he been sitting there? He looked around frantically and noticed them all sitting on the other side of Piggy, half-asleep. "Hey guys," he said and they all snapped out of their trance, "Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" So his thought was no big deal, but it was a thought. His friends all nodded and the five of them walked across the street.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The waiter stared at the five strange customers drearily walking into the restaurant mid-afternoon, and he thought the weirdoes only came out for the night shift guy. He seated them at the table nearest to the door and brought out their orders of coffee and soup, then quickly busied himself with other activities. They had better leave a good tip.

Piggy leaned her head on Kermit’s shoulder. Fozzie started chatting as he stirred his coffee, "You know Piggy, that waiter was pretty dismissive of us, with me being the chief of police and you being the queen and all."

"He probably didn’t recognize me," she sighed, "I’m a mess." She smiled a little, " I bet he recognized you though." Fozzie nodded, Piggy’s joke going completely over his head.

"Mind if we grab a seat?" They looked up at the familiar voice and found Dr. Teeth, Floyd and Janice. They didn’t wait for a reply. Within moments those three were sitting down, chattering away and taking sips of their friends’ coffee.

"We’ve been here for eons!" Dr. Teeth said.

It was Scooter who made the simple mistake of asking the question, "Why?"

"You’ll like never believe it, rully," began Janice.

"We were playin’ this totally happening gig," Dr. Teeth said.

"And it was s’posed to be over at 9, but man, Animal just wouldn’t stop playing," Floyd put in.

"So we played a couple more hours, which was fine by me," Dr. Teeth continued.

"But then like Zoot fell asleep in the middle of this sax solo," Janice explained, " and these guys like said that he could like sleep on this bed they had in this back room."

"Apparently the workers here don’t do much ‘work’," Dr. Teeth cut in.

"So we were like fer sure we’ll wait for him," Janice continued.

"But you know Zoot," Dr. Teeth interrupted again.

"So we were here for like more hours, and then Animal was down for the count," Janice said.

"And man that little guy uses so much energy, I was surprised he didn’t zonk out sooner," said Floyd, "So you know we’re just here, waiting more."

With that the frog, the pig, the bear, the rat and the gofer just gave them blank tired stares.

Smiles

Reaction score
*pats self on back*

Holditwait, someone else besides me considers this soon, right????

Leyla

Reaction score
I do! Yay! I've really got to start associating authors with stories, but you're all new to me. Anyway, I have to admit to being skeptical based solely on the title, but I just love this. It's strange, but cute and hilarious fun. I'm really happy you're still writing this. I'm looking forward to what happens when the burgulars are caught, assuming that they will be. Anyhoo, lots of fun, and great casting!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is a really funny story, Nicole. I like where it's going. XD Especially with the inclusion of the Electric Mayhem, this is bound to be really funny!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I realized suddenly that I haven't commented in a while. Rest assured, I am still reading and enjoying and laughing and... Yes, an excellent story. I like Kermit's "idea." <giggles> Hey, an idea's an idea, right? MORE PLEASE!

Smiles

Reaction score
Sorry for another long wait and short chapter. You know I've got to get some self discipline or something, force myself to sit down and write....

~*~Chapter 9~*~
It had been awhile since they’d entered the restaurant and whatever energy Floyd, Janice and Dr.Teeth had had, had just about deteriorated to that of the rest of the group.

"Kermie," Piggy sighed, "I really hate this story."

"Right about now Piggy, I think we all do," Kermit told her.

"But Kermie you don’t understand. It’s extra-worse for me," Piggy complained, "I’ve been spending this whole time upset about these muffins and looking for robbers that I am never going to find!"

"Piggy, we have to find them sometime. Otherwise this story will never end," Kermit explained.

"As if the answer will just magically pop up!" Piggy said crossing her arms.

"By George I think I’ve got it!" Rizzo said perking up. All heads at the table snapped in his direction. "I just always wanted to say that," he shrugged. Piggy glared at him from across the table and he quickly added, "It seemed like a good time."

Floyd shook his head, "Sounds like you’ve been hangin out with Gonzo too much." The kitchen door opened, "speaking of Gonzo."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" asked Scooter.

Gonzo put his arm around Camilla, "We took a tour of the back room kitchen. It was even better than when we went to the Laundromat. They let us swim in the coffee!" The folks sitting at the table simultaneously made a face and gave their coffees a shove away from them, a few of the people in the surrounding tables got the hint and did the same.

"Gonzo? Weren’t you supposed to stay in the surveillance room?" Piggy said begging to get angry, but to tired to do anything about it, "You know be cause of you and your broken tv…" Gonzo opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when Fozzie and Rizzo made motions to keep quiet. "Because of you and your stupid broken tv," Piggy began again, "All I know was that they had a car parked in the castle parking lot!"

"Oh, you were watching that show too?" Gonzo said, "Remember Rizzo with the pink pick-up truck and the trash bags… yeah I didn’t get to see the end of it either."

Piggy was quite confused by that statement but decided to play along, " Um yeah… Do you remember who was on that show?"

"Yeah, it was Johnny’s pick-up and he was with…um… Pepe and Sal." Gonzo told her.

"So that’s who stole my muffins!" Piggy exclaimed standing up.

Gonzo was quite confused by that statement but decided to play along, "um… yeah." Everyone started getting up and buzzing about.

"Hey," said Dr. Teeth, "You can use our bus. We got to hang around here for Zoot and Animal though."

"Actually," Gonzo told him, "We saw them back in the kitchen. I think Animal was trying to eat the chef instead of the food. And Zoot, well he’s awake as he ever is.'

"No problem,’ Floyd said casually, "I’ll take care of it. Meet you at the bus."