The guy who lived in Fozzie's finger

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well, since Fozzie was only plying a suporting character in MTI, they had to give him something to play off of, that still makes him funny, hence Mr. Bimbo.

I don't understand why people complain about the post Oz Fozzie so much. I don't think they were trying to make him into a half-wit, they're just trying to make him as pleasently unaware as he was in the previous Muppet franchises. Personally, I think they went a little overboard, though, especially in MFS when he washes the invisibility spray off his hands because it's something "Mama told him to do after he used the bathroom."

I mean, let's face it, Fozzie is a little goofy. He'd get on Kermit's nerves all the time on The Muppet Show. He's perpetually aloof and his need to make jokes never has an off-switch, so don't call him stupid, call him funny.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Fozzie washing his hands without realizing he's washing off the invisability spray is classic Fozzie. It's not stupid, just forgetful. but I've said before that I don't remeber the movie much. So, I'm not sure how the scene went. I think MTI portrayed Fozzie as being too stupid, but uit wasn't Fozzie. It was Fozzie playing a character.

I think that movie would have been slightly better if in one scene Fozzie forgets a line like Sam did in MCC. Maybe Fozzie could say to Gonzo "Do I really have to talk to my finger?" Or something much more funny :big_grin: . That would show that he isn't stupid, he's just a character actor.

Thijs

Reaction score
Yes, but in the MTI, nobody ever let us know that it is just a movie, something they kept doing in the Caper, wich I found stupid. Be happy Fozzie just played his role.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Of course they let us know it was a movie. Remeber the rat tour? They went by saying this was the set for muppet treasure island. I like the way muppet movies od to the camera. In the great muppet caper it was funny because they said it's a movie yet uit wasn't a movie :big_grin: Like when Piggy was framed she screamed "Your voice was dubbed!". It was saying it's a movie but she was really framed. Perplexing :stick_out_tongue:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ya i know where you guys are going at, and ya fozzie is just playing a character..but i just thought that fozzie was more fozzie in the christmas tv movie than he was in muppet treasure island...

didn't frank oz say he didn't want to do fozzie anymore because the writers were making fozzie a little dumb for his tastes..or was i hearing things?!!!..

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Of course they let us know it was a movie. Remeber the rat tour? They went by saying this was the set for muppet treasure island. I like the way muppet movies od to the camera. In the great muppet caper it was funny because they said it's a movie yet uit wasn't a movie :big_grin: Like when Piggy was framed she screamed "Your voice was dubbed!". It was saying it's a movie but she was really framed. Perplexing :stick_out_tongue:
o you are right, yes. But those rats watching the film was very funny. In the Caper it was just to much.

Frank is right. Use Fozzie with respect, or use him not!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Fozzie was getting pretty dumb in MTI. In MCC he had a very very VERY small part, but he was at least in character. He was a good natured friendly bear. I don't know why they took Fozzie and made him an idiot. I still liked the movie very much. For what it is, a remake of a classic story, it was very good. Fozzie could have been reworked just a little. I'm mean Mr. Bimble? That didn't make Fozzie a half-wit it made him a quarter-wit. :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

didn't frank oz say he didn't want to do fozzie anymore because the writers were making fozzie a little dumb for his tastes..or was i hearing things?!!!..
I don't know about that, but it was definately Frank who did Fozzie's voice in MTI. I don't think the way the writers made Fozzie have to do with his retirement. I don't know for sure. I'm just guessing.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think he just can't do the work anymore. When I've seen Frank perform Fozzie in his later years it looked sloppy. I think he may have some arthritis in his hands. That is a killer to a puppetteer.