The Hoobs are Coming to DVD

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Eh, I might buy this sooner or later. I've never actually seen the show, but tend to avoid non-Muppet/SST productions from the 2000's but do want to check out the UK-only Henson shows.

But, again, this is a great effort from Lionsgate for the Henson shows. Lionsgate > HIT.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I've seen some of Mopatop's Shop, and really like that. I'd like to see that come out.

beaker

Reaction score
Eh, I might buy this sooner or later. I've never actually seen the show, but tend to avoid non-Muppet/SST productions from the 2000's but do want to check out the UK-only Henson shows.
You ever seen Bear in the Big Blue House? Ok, granted a lot of their best shows were in the late 1990's.

I can't stand the Hoobs, but I like their colors.

I'm wayyy more a fan of Mopatop! :flirt::flirt::flirt:

Luke

Reaction score
Its a good show, can't believe its been on uk tv for years and years now. Must be the most successful British Henson show now (other than TMS of course)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You ever seen Bear in the Big Blue House? Ok, granted a lot of their best shows were in the late 1990's.
I consider Bear more of a 90's Henson show since it started in 1997. I have no problems with Bear, it's just not my personal favorite Henson show.

As for The Hoobs, we'll just wait and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! A UK only show coming to the US. I'm amazed. This is what Henson should be doing. Releasing their brand and back catalog to help fun future products. I'm really hoping Mopatop's Shop gets the same release.

I still wanna see full season sets of Dog City, though.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
WOW! A UK only show coming to the US. I'm amazed. This is what Henson should be doing. Releasing their brand and back catalog to help fun future products. I'm really hoping Mopatop's Shop gets the same release.

I still wanna see full season sets of Dog City, though.
Totally agreed, Drtooth. When I was younger I was always a bit upset that Mopatop never made it's way to the US, it looks like a nice little show.

I'd honestly want Lions Gate to release season sets of The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss myself. I didn't know Sony had put out a large number of DVD's of it until very recently but at this point, a season set would just be easier on my wallet. Plus, the majority of series is on DVD already, it'd be easy to copy all the transfers to a disc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, but Lionsgate has only put out season sets of FR so far (and only because it was still with Hit at the time before season 4 came out)... if Hoobs and The Animal show were coming out in season sets, there wouldn't be any question.

And of course, it has the Dr. Seuss license as well, so that would have to be negotiated as well.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I haven't really seen too much of The Hoobs, but it's always nice to see another Henson show coming to DVD.
(Though if I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure I've seen this show on Playhouse Disney at some point.)