The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I went through the blizzard. Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. Snowth, you can borrow some if you want. Does a foot sound good? :wink:

galagr

Reaction score
Getting off the topic of weather for a second, I saw/bought something at my local Shopko today. Let me set the scenery, it was a crisp winter morning, and I was out getting some medicine for my flu ( we really don't have any pharmacies close to me :stick_out_tongue:).
I decided to roam in the trading cards isle for old times sake, and I looked in the "One pack for one buck box". Mostly Toy Story sticker packs and 2008 baseball cards, but I found something that caught my eye. A japanese pack of Pokemon cards, what's this? Naturally, after I got the medicine, I went back to the trading card isle to buy the cards ( I really bought them to make sure I wasn't hallucinating from my fever). They were legit, and I even got one of those shiny/ holographic cards. This whole experience brought one question to mind, though. WHAT IS A JAPENESE PACK OF POKEMON CARDS FROM THE MID TO LATE NINETES DOING IN A SHOPKO IN THE MIDDLE OF WISCONSIN?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You POSITIVE they were real? I'd take a look at some youtube videos showing how to spot fakes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading this article today about this "monster eel" that was discovered somewhere in Jersey, though from the picture that I saw of the thing, it looked more like a giant... uh... uh... I guess I can't really say here, I guess I'll just leave it to some people's imagination...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you think eels look like THAT?

Check out the geoduck (pronounced gooey-duck). It's a type of clam

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The "monster eel" they found, not eels in general. Based on the photo they provided in the article.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The computer I am one is blue, I mean the whole screen is blue and it looks so erie. Yuck! :sigh: