The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just like there's this thing on YouTube called CATTY AND THE MAJOR, and they claim it aired on network television in the 60s, as a timeslot replace for Rocky and Bullwinkle, and a number of the comments are from people who claim to have seen it for realz, and were scarred by it (hence the supposed reason the show was pulled from the airwaves), but come on, these things are clearly animated in Flash, not to mention there's blood, which you wouldn't have been allowed to show on TV back in those days (even the earliest seasons of M*A*S*H were prohibited from showing too much blood on screen, and that was nearly a decade later in the early 70s).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Just like there's this thing on YouTube called CATTY AND THE MAJOR, and they claim it aired on network television in the 60s, as a timeslot replace for Rocky and Bullwinkle, and a number of the comments are from people who claim to have seen it for realz, and were scarred by it (hence the supposed reason the show was pulled from the airwaves), but come on, these things are clearly animated in Flash, not to mention there's blood, which you wouldn't have been allowed to show on TV back in those days (even the earliest seasons of M*A*S*H were prohibited from showing too much blood on screen, and that was nearly a decade later in the early 70s).
Yeah, I highly doubt they could've gotten away with that in the 60s. They couldn't even show Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie's full body because they had to censor her bellybutton back then. Not to mention that just a decade earlier, Elvis Presley's iconic hip shaking was considered too inappropriate for television airwaves.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dad listens to a lot of those SiriusXM TV radio channels quite a bit and I've noticed something peculiar censorship wise about those channels. Being the iconic song that it is, it's no surprise that "Who Are You?" by The Who is a DJ fan favorite on these channels. But I've noticed that every time they play the song (no matter what channel it's on or the time of day it's being aired) the always say the line
"Who the f**k are you?" completely uncensored. They don't even make an attempt to bleep it out. What makes this so weird is that pretty much every other song that uses that word gets censored on the SiriusXM channels. Even when he listens to those in the evening long after most kids have gone to bed, that word is normally blocked out but for some reason The Who song gets away with saying it as clear as day every time it comes on.