The Letter I In The Steel Factory

Danimal

Reaction score
Ok, I need help. Does anyone remember a non-animated bit that I remembered seeing in the mid to late 80s. It was of an I beam moving through a steel factory type setting. It was all orange and hot, and the music playing was just bizzare?

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, I do know that bit. That's called "'I' Beam".

Danimal

Reaction score
You do?!!!! Did you ever find that to be very bizarre and scary? Do you know where more info is avaliable on that bit?
-d

Danimal

Reaction score
Where...I just went to sesameworkshop.com and didn't see any kind of episode guide or anywhere to search for it???
-d

ssetta

Reaction score
Many of us (including me) have it on tape.

mikealan

Reaction score
That film that had the huge 'I' in the steel factory used to scare me as a kid, now I'm not anymore.

BTW, that film "Red-Hot I" was used on one of Noggin's Sesame Unpaved episodes-2558 from 1989 where Maria goes to the doctor right after Newsflash-Humpty Dumpty.

It was also used on a Season 24 episode with Maria and Luis (3117) and it was also used on a Season 25 episode where Zoe had to stay at Angela and Jamal's Day Care after her mommy left (3239).

Danimal

Reaction score
wow, that information is great and that's so interesting that that used to scare you too!!! do you know where i could view that bit? is it online anywhere, does anyone have it for sale or trade???

Brian Damage

Reaction score
I know I used to sit there as a three year old and try to figure out what the heck that big glowing warm-looking thingy was...

dustinrn

Reaction score
Red Hot I info

I HAVE the red hot I bit on DVD, 5 times back to back and I will burn copies for anyone interested. This is my absolute fav. skit on SS. It used to scare me so much when I was little, I remember it being aired in the late 70's. I used to cover my eyes, hide behind the coffee table, behind the couch, and cover my ears. I was convinced that thing was going to burn me. Danimal, I have lots of info on the Red hot I, email me for more info. boy_0077 at hotmail dot com