The Letter People Visit The Muppet Show!

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
Now THIS is an idea I've been tossing around for the better part of a year and a half. Since several people who worked on "The Letter People" ended up working for the Henson company (Allan Trautman in particular comes to mind), I decided to finally have the "Not-Ready-for-a-Henson-Production Players" hit the big time.

Some of the segments:

Mr. C singing his theme song with the Electric Mayhem.

Mr. F singing his theme song backed by Rowlf, Animal, and the Mutations serve as his backup dancers.

Mr. G goes to Muppet Labs to help Bunsen Honeydew invent the gooiest gum in the world, and succeeds--however, he gets stuck to Beaker in the process.

Mr. K appears on Muppet Sports, and kicks a football so high that when it lands (on Lewis Kazagger's head), snow is seen on top of it.

Mr. M sings his theme song with the Electric Mayhem. By song's end, both Mr. M and Animal go into a feeding frenzy.

Gonzo gets jealous of Mr. N when he finds out Mr. N has a Noisy Nose and he doesn't...so he makes his nose a noisy one, by slamming it into a door repeatedly.

Miss Piggy finally meets her match in the diva department when she meets obstinate Miss O.

Kermit and Fozzie try to get a few words out of the Letter People's silent partner, quiet Mr. Q.

Mr. R and the Red Rubber Band jam with the Electric Mayhem--turns out Dr. Teeth's wanted to work with a decent typewriter player, rubberband ripper, and electric tuba player for years.

Kermit and Mr. S have an alliterative conversation backstage before Mr. S and his Super Socks appear on "Pigs In Space".

Dr. Teeth fits Mr. T (he of the tall teeth) for a solid gold tall tooth.

Miss Piggy has her problems with Mr. W, who won't stop winking at her. ("Quit winking at me, weirdo!")

Mr. X mixes things up even more by leaving his mark all over the theatre.

The Newsman says that the stories he receives are a load of silly bull...and gets trampled by said animal, who later gets adopted by Crazy Harry.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... How does that last one fit into the scheme of things?
You know, I would've thought it'd be better to have a script where the Letter People appear on Sesame Street. But I have to say, you've intrigued me with this outline of an outline. Keep working on it, maybe have bits for all twenty-six Letter People members. One possible tweak is to have Mr. N show up at the intro and surprise Gonzo from behind with his noisy nose. Additionally, Mr. N could help fit Gonzo for a noisy nose of his own.

Hope this helps, looking forward to reading the whole thing when ready.

Xerus

Reaction score
That sounds like a neat idea. Mixing Muppets with Letter People. Here are some more ideas.

Maybe the Swedish Chef can help Mr. D make Delicious Donuts. Mr. D gets shocked at the Chef's method of tossing dough and shooting holes through them with a gun.

Miss. I goes to Vet's hospital to try to get her itching cured.

Beauregard could try to throw out Mr. J's Jumble Junk and gets annoyed by it.

Mr. V and Sam the Eagle could sing a very cultured song while both wearing Violet Velvet Vests.

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
I had that same idea involving the Swedish Chef and Mr. D.

I was also thinking about Mr. J doing something with Janice, what, I don't know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe something like a junkband jamboree?