The Lion Guard

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've started watching some more of the show, and even though I already said I'm impressed by the series, I continue to be very impressed by the series. One episode even being about an elephant funeral. Though, to be fair, if this show didn't deal with death, it's not like its source material walked on egg shells about it.

But if there's one thing I have to say, Bunga has won me over. I'm glad the character is written so well, otherwise he could have easily been Scrappy-Doo-ish. I love the episode where they tell him he's immune to snake venom, and he of course took it as being invincible. I like how they give consequence to his headstrong actions, giving depth and subtlety to the character and the show's message.

And I just love how the animation looks theatrical. It's like Penn Zero was an animation experiment to make computer animation look like a Disney film that exists to make this show look so good. The Timon and Pumbaa cartoon didn't look this good and it looked great.

Though the one thing I find hilarious... the fact they had to have Rob Lowe as Simba because Mathew Broderick is way too pricey, but he can't sing, so Jess Harnell has to do an impersonation of Lowe impersonating Broderick. Where as Timon and Pumbaa just used Cam Clarke, who sounded much closer to Broderick. Maybe they wanted a name star in there?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Great to know that Wander was re-incarnated as a cowardly leopard. And he was used to deliver a lesson in self-confidence against a fellow leopard who takes advantage of this.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The latest episode was a horror/suspense-themed episode about a mythological creature Rafiki sung about, and had a subplot about Beshte learning to conquer his fears of bellowing in front of a hippo club he wanted to join. I especially loved how Bunga and Kion were the only ones who showed no fear toward it, the former believing it and the latter not believing it. However, Bunga was excited about the monster the whole way through, as if he wanted to challenge it to a fight.

Luke kun

Reaction score
They got Steve Blum to voice the leopard in the latest episode, and he sure makes the character look terrifying as he hunted down the shy okapi that befriended Beshte, who nobody else believes is real even though even though they believe in a superhero team of animals led by a lion cub capable of delivering an earth-shattering roar. Go figure.

Also, I really enjoyed the rap number Beshte gave introducing the okapi to the Pridelands, keeping up with the high quality of the rest of the songs in the show. That hippo sure has got some funky flow! :smile:
TOM, why is TOM voicing a leopard?!