1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Long-Awaited Dark Crystal Sequel Will Be a Comic Book

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by The 11th UrRu, Nov 30, 2016.

1. The 11th UrRu

The 11th UrRu Member

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I suppose this is better than nothing. I've read and enjoyed all the Dark Crystal Creation Myths graphic novels, so this will be a welcome addition to my reading list.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

This is probably the route a lot of Henson's long promised projects should go, considering some of them have been announced about ten years ago or more. It's much cheaper this way, and you don't have to worry about budget constraints or over editing. Maybe the Fraggle Rock movie, the Labyrinth sequel and that "Happytime Murders" movie could all be comics. And who knows, maybe if some of the comics are popular other studios might want to make something out of them.

4. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Has anyone been reading the Power of the Dark Crystal comics? I didn't realize they were already several issues in. I was at a book store and noticed issue #3 on the shelf. Not sure if I want to pick up individual comics or wait for them to be combined into a single book...

5. The 11th UrRu

The 11th UrRu Member

I am actually picking up #4 today, just came out. It's good, very faithful and likely would have made a good movie.

Volume 1 of the series is coming out in Hardcover this Halloween according to Amazon. Not sure if it will be all 12 issues if they are calling it volume 1.

Mystic Master and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  6. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

Good to hear, according to the book store, the first compilation volume will be made up of 6 issues for $25.