1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Longest Sketch in Muppet History

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Muppet fan 123, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

What is the longest Muppet sketch ever at one time? So this is not including sketches that start early in the show and keep popping up later in the show.
    At one time, what is the longest sketch ever? And how long is it?
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Liberace's performance from his episode of TMS is ten or so minutes long, and feels like it goes on for about 45 minutes.
    Dominicboo1, dwmckim and Borples like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

"What do the Simple Folk Do" from the Zero Mostel episode was the one that came to mind first for me, yet it appears it only runs about 4:30 minutes...regardless, it feels like it runs for about three hours...
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's another one I didn't particularly like, I definitely thought it went on too long as well. Mars an otherwise excellent episode.
  5. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely!Liberace is n alirgth episode, but it's defiently my least favorite! He takes WAY too muc time!
    muppetfan24/7 and miss kermie like this.
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yeah, Liberace, Mostel, and um... What their face...

Uhhh, that one song Gonzo did when he was gonna leave the show...