The loss of a loved pet

beaker

Reaction score
m deeply saddened right now...my mom called me not to long ago to let me know our greatly loved cockateil birdy kiwi passed away(the one that looked like pikachu). its the first time ive ever felt such a great loss, as she was like a best friend or sister to me, and such a devestating thing for my mom. kiwi was unlike any pet ive ever known...full of so much wide eyed curiosity and unconditional love...a true example of how we should all be.

She was full of so much goodness, and she always had a way of making you feel good even when you were down. I cant fathom a world where she no longer exists(she made her way into some of my filler comics in the archive)...i'll never forget how much she loved cartoons and the muppets(she was a huge muppet fan all these years), watching saturday morning tv with me while sharing cereal or my food. she will be missed greatly.

kiwi
1996-2004
(here's a picture of her)
http://www.pockybot.com/gallery/kiwiremembered.jpg

teebs

Reaction score
Cory,

I'm so sorry to hear that kiwi passed away. The loss of a pet is always so hard. Just keep in mind all the joy she brought you, and I'm sure she'll remain close to your heart.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm sorry. :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy: I know how hard it is to lose a pet. At least you will have 8 years of wonderful memories to carry with you.
Erin

dmx10101

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I have a cockiteil too. Her names Penny and she's my best buddy. She about 8 years old. And she looks alot like Kiwi. I feel your pain, If Penny died on me I'd be very said cause I've had her since she was a few weeks old. I don't know what to tell you buddy, It's depressing thinking about it cause it could of been Penny. :frown: :sympathy:

Beth C

Reaction score
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope this poem helps. You can register your pet at the rainbow bridge.

Rainbow Bridge

~Beth C :sympathy:

ohdarling

Reaction score
i'm so sorry, my dog passed away about half a year ago and it was so sad because he was more than just a pet he was a best friend. i understand how it feels and offer love and hugs to you.

Luke

Reaction score
Cory,

I'm REALLY sad to hear about Kiwi passing away. I remember all that you said about her and how she liked to watch Muppets. I'm thinking of ya man !!!

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Cory,

I'm REALLY sad to hear about Kiwi passing away. I remember all that you said about her and how she liked to watch Muppets. I'm thinking of ya man !!!
aww! You remembered! I cannot even express into words how saddened I am by this...I kind of just assumed shed be here for awhile. She was like my best buddy, and just the sweetest thing...so full of love, life and energy. I will never forget in 1998(about the time I joined MC) that I found out she was a big Muppets fan. Thanks for the kind wishes and rememberences Luke.
Between being really sick for the last few weeks, this, and just lonliness...ugh.
I am very thankful for you guys, thanks!

dmx10101 said:
Oh my goodness, I have a cockiteil too. Her names Penny and she's my best buddy. She about 8 years old. And she looks alot like Kiwi. I feel your pain, If Penny died on me I'd be very said cause I've had her since she was a few weeks old. I don't know what to tell you buddy, It's depressing thinking about it cause it could of been Penny. :frown: :sympathy:
Maybe thats her cousin or something? heh. thats so cool you have a cockateil too. Im glad shes been able to be a part of your life. I guess my mom and I treated her differently then how a lot of people deal with their birds. We always took her out to parks, and out to the pet store...and everywhere sh ewent people seemed to gravitate toward her and be in awe. I have a lot of fond memories of kinds of all ages and strangers being drawn to her. I guess it hasnt sunk in I will never see my little buddy again. :frown: