1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Making of My Rowlf Replica Puppet

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by vic, Oct 31, 2012.

1. vic Member

That is absolutely correct! Here is a little update where I am checking out how everything is going to fit.He looks weird because he has no ears yet and the eyes are still cut outs made out of paper.... Stay tuned for the real permanent eyes. Also I haven't finish this nose it still needs a coat of black laquer and the fabric is just draped over his head with no cut or anything. Ps.... Thanks for the awesome comments :)

[IMG]
  2. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wow! Very nice! I think plastic spoons with felt pupils would be good. Just be careful with eye focus. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll have to get that book now.:)
  4. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yes! You shall! It is a great book. You may have to save a pretty penny for it, though. It's rare nowadays.
  5. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Hmm... well, no problem. I 'm good at saving up money.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  6. vic Member

Ok guys, here is a shot testing one of the permanent eyes and what I think is going to be his final ears and nose . The eyes are not attached yet and not finished if I decide to go with this set I will sand out the rough edges, give it a coat of clear varnish for shine and make him a permanent pupil. Right now the pupil is made out of skulpey :)! the final pupil will be made out of felt or hand painted into the eye... Let's see what you think I am still not sure:
    [IMG]
  7. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That is WONDERFUL!!! I wish I could make something like that! NICE, NICE JOB!
  8. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I love the fur texture on the ears! Great job and thanks for sharing.
  9. vic Member

Thanks!!!! and I am sure you can you already have the first ingredient and that is "the wanting" you are only seeing my best solutions so far I havent posted all my wrecks!!! :) for every acceptable nose there are other 4, 5 that are garbage, about 10 eyes that are useless I actually made 3 heads !!! It just takes a lot of trial and error. And I haven't even started with the tuff part which is cutting and stitching the fabric!!!!! Gosh I hope I get this right... It is getting expensive ;) the good news is that once I am done I will know how to more or less make him. And all your feedback is priceless. Thanks again ! ;)
  10. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wow. I am insanely jealou... uh, ENvious of you right now man! :D I hope someday to actually find the time to make my own Rowlf, he's the BEST! You are doing such an amazing job with yours, I can't wait to see the finished Dog, and hopefully see/hear you perform him? ;)

I will add, and maybe it's just me, but his pupils look a tiny bit small and placed too high imo. Though I did read that they're just standing-in for the finals, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say anything. Of course, it's your preference if that's how you want them! :cool:

Cheers man, and like I said, I can't wait!
    :)
    Anthony
    Plaid Fraggle and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  11. vic Member

Hi Anthony!

That is awesome you think I am in the right track!!!
    And yes I think you are absolutely right on the pupils, usually what I do is that I will cut them out of a very flat felt material and stick them with a sticky compound that can be moved and stuck again and again, so I will be definetly be doing lots of testing. I really really appreciate your constructive feedback man;) ps... Tell your little one, Rowlf says hi and potentially sending a shout out to him in a not so distant future on YouTube ;)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  12. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, that would be so amazingly cool!!! :D My Boy is nearly 4 years old now, and he STILL loves his little Rowlf toy I made him. :flirt:

Fantastic idea about having his pupils adjustable!! On the ONE professional-ish puppet I built almost 10 years ago, I remember using double sided tape for his pupils, and it worked out great for getting his focus just right. ;)

Cheers!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. vic Member

Absolutely ma man! I will let you know when I am ready to do this, ( at the pace I am going it probably won't be till some time early to mid next year) but I am planning to do so, I will contact you when I am ready. Ps .. What is his name?
  14. cjd874 Well-Known Member

Hi there, vic. I was redirected here from your other Muppet replica thread with Animal, Elmo, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Cookie Monster...this Rowlf puppet is STUNNING!!! If Jim Henson were still alive and saw this puppet, I'm sure he'd be proud. Heck, I bet he'd want to perform it! Great work so far, and I look forward to seeing the final product!
    KoozbanianFrakl likes this.
  15. vic Member

Hi cj!!! Man what can I say... You are too much, this has to be one of the most flattering comments I've ever gotten in my life :)!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!! and I am very very glad you like it so far :)
  16. cjd874 Well-Known Member

Thank YOU, vic. This is some amazing work here! Thanks for sharing it with us.
  17. KoozbanianFrakl New Member

SO AWESOME! I'm inspired, time to go work on a puppet! :busy:
  18. they are awesome can you try making a lips
  19. crazy chris Active Member

FANTASTIC!!

cc
  20. scandell Member

He looks Fabulous. Did you say where you got that color fur? I can't find any that color...