The Meeting Of The Storytellers

Wiseman

Reaction score
We're going back to the U.S. then as John flies in a plane for the first time Jacob will discover the virtues and drawbacks of television. Now there's an unnatural passion. As you can see, I believe love to be thicker than blood. As for my daughter, she apologized for her mouth and seems to have learned her lesson. Just so you know the alternative to growing old is dying young.:wink:

Wiseman

Reaction score
Chapter 7

Chapter 7

We take you now to an airport terminal somewhere in New England. John and his dog are waiting on line to have their tickets validated. A rather portly piggish looking woman is reading his ticket.

“So your dog will be traveling with you?” said the ticket checker.

“Yes,” said the storyteller.

“What’s the matter, couldn’t find a kennel?” said the ticket checker.

“It is you who belongs in a kennel,” said the storyteller.

“Ooh, touchy,” said the ticket checker, “Perhaps you are forgetting I have in my hand the power to prevent vous from ever getting on that plane. Do I make myself clear.”

“Take your je ne sais quoi and put it up your zoot alors,” said the storyteller.
“We are getting on that plane together here and we are getting off that plane together in Greece. Do I make myself clear.” The dog growled at the ticket checker.

“Okay, okay, you don’t have to get all nasty about it.” said the ticket checker. She stamped his ticket, and gave him a luggage tag, which he put on his suitcase. “Next,” she called out.

The storyteller took a seat and waited for the announcement that it was time to board his plane.

“Olympus Airlines Flight 12 to Greece, now boarding at gate 3.” came the announcement over the loudspeaker. The storyteller made his way to the baggage check department and put his suitcase on a cart. He then walked over to the security guard and started to go through.

“Stop right there.” said the big burly bear of a guard. “Take off your shoes.”

“I am not Moses, and this is not Mount Sinai, and you are most certainly not Jehovah. So I am not taking off my shoes.” said the storyteller.

“You’re old enough to be Moses.” said the guard.

“A few days ago I threatened a nine-year-old boy with his death for calling me old. Would you like to share a grave with him.” said the storyteller.

“Okay, take off your shoes, please.” said the guard.

“That’s better,” said the storyteller and removed his footwear.

The guard put the shoes on the conveyor belt and let them pass through the X-ray machine. Meanwhile the storyteller and his dog walked through the metal detector. Everything passed and the storyteller boarded the plane without further incident.

“Attention passengers, this is captain Gonzo speaking,” came a voice over the plane’s loudspeaker, “we are now preparing to takeoff for Greece on runway 7. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.” The plane took off, did three loop the loops and a barrel rollover and then headed out into the wild blue yonder.

“Like hi, my name is Janice and I’ll be your flight attendant for this trip.” said the long haired, valley girl in the stewardess’ uniform, “I have some safety announcements to make so please listen up.”

The flight attendant started to speak but suddenly realized that no one could hear her because a rather deep-voiced baby was saying “Bye bye” to a plane that was passing by them in the air.

“Sir, you’ll have to like shut your baby up so I can make my announcement.” said Janice.

“Oh, sorry, quiet Animal,” said the mustachioed man and pulled on a chain that was attached to as collar around the baby’s neck. Animal promptly shut up and the flight attendant continued her announcement. After about a thousand likes and a half million you knows and three for sures the announcement was over, but nobody listened.

As the plane gained altitude the storyteller’s dog howled.

“Yes, I know, my ears are popping too,” said the storyteller. “This gum they gave me at the candy store just isn’t working.” He turned to the stewardess,
“What do you recommend for a dog with popped ears?” he said to her.

The stewardess looked at the poor beast. She bent down and grabbed hold of his ears and pulled hard, a loud popping sound was heard, then the dog stopped howling and settled down for a nap. “Thanks,” said the storyteller. The rest of the flight continued without incident.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... This was probably the best so far. But why have Animal as a baby when the other Muppets are grownups? At any rate, I like and await more.

Wiseman

Reaction score
It's not Muppet Babies Animal

Actually it's Muppet Show Animal. I wanted a rather annoying baby who could easily say Bye bye to a plane in a similar way to a baby that I heard about on the news a few months ago that was saying bye to a plane causing a similar situation that resulted in the stewardess telling the mother to give the baby Benadryl to get him to go to sleep. The mom refused and got thrown off the plane. Muppet show Animal always impressed me as babyish due to his monosyllabic vocabulary and his inability to control his impulses. You can tell it's Muppet show Animal from the way that Floyd pulls on a chain to calm him down. Muppet Babies Animal doesn't wear a chain or collar also I don't think they made a baby Floyd

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True... But the way it was portrayed it seems like Baby Animal, as that was his signature closing for every episode of Muppet Babies. There were comical twists, but it was almost unvariably Baby Animal saying to the audience "Go Bye-Bye!" Perhaps watching some episodes of TMS or even the movies might give you a better insight into this character should you include him in the story again at a later point or in later stories you write up and decide to share with us. Just a friendly tip, hope it helps and you continue the tale started here.

Wiseman

Reaction score
Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Meanwhile in a hotel in Greece. Jacob was lying on his bed looking at a strange box with a glass screen in the front of it.

“Well I suppose this is the thing that my half-sister referred to as television,” he said to his dog.

His dog looked up at him.

“No I don’t think it would do any harm to turn it on after all they’re just stories told with pictures instead of words.” said the storyteller. He lifted a strange device with buttons all over it and pushed a button on it.

Instantly the screen lit up and a picture appeared of a half-naked woman dancing in front of a half-naked man. “Shocking, look at the way she throws herself at him.” he exclaimed, “Doesn’t she know men like to chase. Let’s try another one”

He pushed another button and saw two men jumping around inside a square roped off area. Occasionally one of the men would land on top of the other. But just as often he would miss and land on the cloth at the bottom of the square. “This is what they call wrestling!” he shouted in dismay. “In my day, the men actually held on to each other there was no separation. And who is this third man in the ring with the striped shirt. Some sort of judge or arbitrator. Bah!” he changed the channel again.

Show after show appeared on the screen, all of them rubbish. “This is what passes for entertainment these days?” he exclaimed in disbelief, “No wonder they still need me. Where’s the romance, where’s the tragedy, where’s the comedy.”

His dog barked in agreement.

“You’re right, I’m the fool for watching this.” he turned it off and rolled over in the bed. Another strange box with numbers on it glared at him. “What is this thing. Could it be a radio.” he turned a knob on it.

An awful sound emitted from it followed by a man shouting at the top of his lungs while someone else made strange unbecoming sounds with his mouth. “This is what they call music!” he said. “Why I can’t even understand half the words and the other half I don’t want to understand.” he changed the station. More and more of the same garbage poured forth from the box. He picked up the box and threw it on the floor in anger. He rolled over and went to sleep. His dog did the same.

Wiseman

Reaction score
I guess you're all on vacation for christmas

What's this no comments did I make a bad move in my last chapter, or maybe you're just on vacation. No matter I will be continuing this story in a few days with or without comments. At the moment though my new job is keeping me a bit busy.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Btw, some people don't comment very often.
But that does not mean they are not tracking your chapters.
For example, my stories contain reviews that are usually by one or two people--and those who don't comment just read loyally.

I know, I've caught people reading my stuff.
Time and time again. : )

They don't comment, but they certainly read it.

So do not feel at all discouraged.

You have about 200 views in this fic--not bad!

Wiseman

Reaction score
Finally got a break

hi Beaker, glad to hear that you think everything's fine, here is chapter nine.

Chapter 9

On the morning of the day the will was to be read. John Schmidt arrived at Medusa airport in Athens, Greece.

“According to the postcard sent by my cousin I’m supposed to meet his half-sister here” said the storyteller to the greenish-looking baggage collector who had just given him his bags, “but I don’t see her anywhere.”

“What’s her name, I’ll have the clerk page her," said the greenish-looking fellow.

“Sarah, Sarah Schmidt.” said the storyteller.

The froggy one walked over to the ticket counter and gave the information to a man with wild hair and one gold tooth.

“Paging Ms. Sarah Schmidt.” said the gold-toothed gentleman over the loudspeaker, “Paging Ms. Sarah Schmidt.”

As the ticket clerk endlessly repeated the page the storyteller sat down on a chair to wait.

In a few hours a tall beautiful woman walked into the terminal and proceeded up to the ticket counter.

“Paging Ms. Sarah Schmidt.” said the ticket counter for the 200th time.

“I’m Sarah Schmidt," said the woman.

“Not now, Miss, I’m paging you," said the ticket clerk, “Paging Ms. Sarah Schmidt.”

“I’m Sarah Schmidt," said the woman grabbing the microphone.

“Oh, so you are," said the ticket clerk, “Your party is over there with his dog waiting for you.”

“Thank you," said Sarah and went over to meet her half-cousin, “Jacob
Schmidt, cousin of Jacob Schmdt, son of Jingle Schmidt, nephew of Heimer Schmidt, I presume," she said.

“Correct," said the storyteller, “You must be my cousin’s half-sister.”

“So far as I know yes, we nevder did find out who my father was.” she said.

“Well when and where is this will to be read?" said the storyteller.

“This afternoon at 3:00 at your uncle’s home at the foot of Mount Olympus.” said Sarah, “We have to go to the hotel Graea to pick up your cousin Jacob.”

“Well it’s already 12:00” said the storyteller, “Let’s get on with it.”

“Don’t you and your dog want lunch first," said Sarah.

“Well now that you mention it, I am a bit hungry," said the storyteller, "and
I’m sure my dog is too.”

“Your dog looks very similar to your cousin’s” said Sarah as she assisted the storyteller to get up from his chair and collect his bags.

“They should," he said, “They’re brothers.”

“Oh, I see.” she said, looking a little sad.

“Not easy, not knowing one’s true origins, is it," said the storyteller to his half-cousin.

“No, it’s not," she said, and proceeded to direct him out of the terminal and down to a restaurant.