The Memory Skit/ Jenny and Jeff

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the cartoon that aired during the late 70s, early 80s when the mother sends the little girl to the corner store for a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter??? For some reason, it always got my attention.

Also, the 2 bad kids Jenny and Jeff that got into the pocket of the overcoat......

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
that was on sesame street?

i thought it was on one of those baby einstein things. my moms friends daughters were watching it. i know one thing, its kind of weird that a little kid could've gone through the city by themselves without getting abducted or anything.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Convincing John listed these under a similar thread:

Mother: "Okay, I want you to go to the store for me and get a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. If you can't remember, I'll write it down for you."

Girl: "That's okay, Mommy. I won't forget." (Girl leaves and closes the door). A short drumroll plays, followed by a flute tune, as the girl walks along a virtually blank, white background. "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter..." The girl arrives at the store, which is simply labeled "STORE" in blue letters, and she goes in and lays her money on the counter.

Girl: "Sir, could I have a loafs of bread, (yes, she says "loafs"...innocent kid's mistake:wink:), a container of milk...and...(scratches her afro)...I can't remember. (Points to camera)...Can YOU remember what my mommy said?"

A psychadelic "thought balloon" flashes different colors, accompanied by a crazy, echoing xylophone sound effect. Her mother's outlined face appears in the thought balloon and says "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." (The store vanishes, and is replaced by her home).

Girl: "Mommy! Mommy! I remembered! A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." (A shot of the foods is shown, as the words BREAD, MILK and BUTTER appear on them).

Mother: "You have a good memory, honey!"

Girl: "Thank you, Mommy."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boy thinks of a loaf of bread, which appears in a thought bubble above him.

"A loaf of bread, a loaf of bread, I gotta remember a loaf of bread."

As he walks, he bumps into different kids. The image of the bread is replaced by other objects he sees, which are a doll, a baseball and a fire truck. The boy makes it to the store and the grocer asked him what he wanted. The boy tried to remember...

"A fire truck?...A baseball game?...A brand new doll?...I gotta remember! I just gotta remember!....A loaf of bread!"

The grocer says: "Here's your bread. But we're all out of dolls, baseballs, and fire trucks."

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Jeeny and Jeff were a couple of kids who were in this skit called j for jacket. the jacket starts moving and after finding these 2 kids hiding inside it. the asnnoucer yells Jenny and Jeff you get away from that Jacket!!!