"The monkey is my favorite" (quote, my brother, 2011)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Over the years, I've obviously indoctrinated my family with the Muppets, so that quotes from the movies have become a part of our every day vernacular. (Me: "I'll be home for Christmas in a couple of days! But will there be room for me?" My brother: "You'll have to sleep on a coat hanger in the closet.")

Anyway, part of this influence of my Muppet fandom on my family has caused my second youngest (and cutest!) brother to often leap onto my lap when I'm at my computer and to enthusiastically request, "Let's watch MUPPET VIDEOS!", which we then do, much to my delight!

However, it was surprising even to me to hear him exclaim (shortly after watching some of VMC with me) that he wanted to watch, "Muppet videos with THE MONKEY in!" I asked him why and he said, "I didn't know there was a monkey in The Muppets." And later added, "The monkey is my favorite."

How random but totally cute is that!!! Also, it just goes to show that although people often pass over the more recent Muppets such as Johnny and Sal, and kinda close over Muppets Tonight entirely, they actually still have the power to enthuse young children and to become their 'favorite' trumping previous favorites such as 'Fuzzy Bear" and "The big Bird."

Here's hoping that Sal sticks around for future projects so that my brother can see more of him!

Bea:zany:{Note: It is actually really hard to find clips of Johnny and Sal on youtube! Will someone please create a best-of?}regard

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Let's hope Disney brings back better roles for characters like Sal and Johnny. :skeptical:I missed Pepe and Rizzo in the new movie. :shifty::rolleyes:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Let's hope Disney brings back better roles for characters like Sal and Johnny. :skeptical:I missed Pepe and Rizzo in the new movie. :shifty::rolleyes:
Yeah I bet it was hard for Pepe's fans to find out he's in it in like 10 seconds. WHy did they market him so much if he's hardly in the movie?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I bet it was hard for Pepe's fans to find out he's in it in like 10 seconds. WHy did they market him so much if he's hardly in the movie?
If you think there's a demand, you put it in the advertising, regardless of whether it reflects the actual movie. The documentary The World According to Sesame Street has Bert and Ernie on the cover even though it has pretty much nothing to do with them.

In any case I thought his cameo was fine. He's the kind of character that can be funny if he's not too in your face.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
If you think there's a demand, you put it in the advertising, regardless of whether it reflects the actual movie. The documentary The World According to Sesame Street has Bert and Ernie on the cover even though it has pretty much nothing to do with them.

In any case I thought his cameo was fine. He's the kind of character that can be funny if he's not too in your face.
I agree! Oh I see it's like how Elmo is on the cover of Follow That Bird DVD.