The most obscure Sesame skits...

nica

Reaction score
What's the most obscure skit you can name from '78 onward? Anyone that can make me say awwww I remember that!! I'll be your best friend forever. Well here's mine...anyone remember the skit with these 2 guys, one with arms that wouldn't bend and the other really short. They were trying to pick nectarines and had to learn to cooperate.

Can you beat that? I know that ya can...oh wait that's Mr Rogers.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Probably the most obscure one I've seen is the E&B sketch which takes place at night: there is a balloon on a post of both their beds. Ernie thinks they'll last forever, but Bert explains that balloons don't last forever. Ernie doesn't want to see them deflate, so he insists that they let the balloons go; that way the last time they see them, they'll be "fat and floaty". They let them fly out the window, and as soon as they get back into bed, Ernie (breaking the promise he made Bert that he'd go to sleep if they let the balloons go) asks Bert if the balloons are too cold up in the sky, and whether they'll end up in China. Bert loses his sanity and runs out of the room screaming, and then we hear some crashing and breaking noises as Bert lets out his rage. Ernie tells him to keep it down.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
nica said:
What's the most obscure skit you can name from '78 onward? Anyone that can make me say awwww I remember that!! I'll be your best friend forever. Well here's mine...anyone remember the skit with these 2 guys, one with arms that wouldn't bend and the other really short. They were trying to pick nectarines and had to learn to cooperate.

were these the gonks? i remember something about gonks......

muppetphile

Reaction score
Okay, how about the skit with Kermit with the familiar pale blue backdrop and the brick ledge.
He has a whole contraption where he cuts a rope, the sandbag falls on a see-saw, some other stuff happens, and a box opens releasing a balloon.
This was, actually, a series of skits throughout one episode: each time some component of the contraption doesn't work - until the end, of course :smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
Cowboy X said:
That was Geefle and Gonk
"Les call dis cooperation...."
"No, let's call it Shirley." :big_grin:

Heh, crazy skit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scribbles excersizing...

scribble 1 :neer neer nyer nyer nyerr?

Scribbe 2: Neyr neyr neyr excersize nyer!

Both: Epp! Opp! Orp! Excersize! Eep opp Orp Excersize!

(a really big large scribbled mumbled cloud like thing comes up)

All three: Eep! Opp! Orp! Excersize! Eep! Opp! Orp! Excersize! HAHAHHAHA!!!!

Splurge

Reaction score
muppetphile said:
Okay, how about the skit with Kermit with the familiar pale blue backdrop and the brick ledge.
He has a whole contraption where he cuts a rope, the sandbag falls on a see-saw, some other stuff happens, and a box opens releasing a balloon.
This was, actually, a series of skits throughout one episode: each time some component of the contraption doesn't work - until the end, of course :smile:
Ah, yes. That was Kermit's "What Happens Next" Machine. The whole idea was to turn on Kermit's radio, but fate had other plans for him.

rfh

Reaction score
Geefel and the Gonk

nica said:

I do believe the Geefel and the Gonk are before 1978... I can recall watching the skit on my B&W Hitachi in Brooklyn as a wee un. Definately one of my favorites :crazy: