The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

jediX

Reaction score
Ranbow Connection (Reprise) ALWAYS nails me...so does Saying Goodbye.

However, The Muppets Remember Jim Henson is infinitely more tear-jerking than those. I can't sit through the part where they are reading the sad letters written by kids without completely breaking down :embarrassed:

I wanted to respond to this because I know exactly what you mean. I was only 12 when Jim died. I sat in front of the TV sobbing.
I remember when I found out Jim died. I was only 5 at the time and completely crushed. I took my Kermit doll to school every day for about a month after that...

Whatever

Reaction score
The Rainbow Connection always gets me... even just hearing the music. :cry:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:

there is a sketch, and i think that its kermit, not sure from where, but he sings "if i were a farmer, id give you a bunny, if i had a beehive, you would get free honey..." then at the end it says something about how hes none of those things, but the person hes singing to loves him anyway. i think thats how i feel about my other half, i would love to use it in our wedding somewhere..
:cry:
If I were a poet,
I would write a sonnet.
It would say "I love you."
Your name would be upon it.
If I were a farmer,
I'd give you a bunny.
If I had a beehive,
You would get free honey.
Fa la la (many times)

If I were a baker,
You could have a cruller
If I were a painter,
Choose your favorite color.
If I had some diamonds,
I'd give you a few,
Anything to show you
How much I love you.
Fa la la...

Did you guess my secret?
I am not a poet.
Couldn't write a sonnet,
And I think you know it.
I am not a farmer,
Can't give you a bunny.
I don't have a beehive,
Sorry 'bout the honey.
Fa la la...

I am not a baker,
Don't know bread from batter.
And I am not a painter,
And it doesn't matter.
I don't need a present,
All I have to do
Is look at you to show you
How much I love you.
Fa la la...

I woudl love to have this song played at my wedding too. It's such a beautiful, touching song, and I think it expresses what most feel toward their loved ones. It's amazing to think just how simple the lyrics are.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok MFS the ending where Gonzo was going to leave i cried my eyes out ohhh it was so sad i loved it. :concern:

Crazichi

Reaction score
I feel so happy here!

This is my first time at Muppet Central and my first ever Muppet Message Board. It makes me feel so accpeted that I am not the only one that still listens to Sesame Street cassette tapes and I am not the only person that feels something quite sentimental about the Muppets. They are just so... touching. :halo: :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

blackurth

Reaction score
1."saying goodbye" I was so ticked when rhino decided to not include it on the c.d. last year (I sent them a nasty email about that one)
2."sing" just brings me back..
3.the end of tmtm when they show all of the muppet and sesame street characters (somehow I get the feeling that jim knew this was going to be his last muppet movie)
4.the bluebird scene in "follow that bird"
5.the tribute to jim henson show
6.disney trying to buy out the muppets and henson not wanting to sell them makes me teary eyed
7.when I see the jim henson pictures logo at the beginning of the movies made after his death
8.mr looper er I mean mr hoopers death
9.the photo of gonzo on the beach on muppets from space
10.the rainbow connection and being green songs
11."what do I do when I'm alone" this is such a sad song well until I think what you could really do when you're alone,then it makes me laugh (but I'm not going to go there)
12.any song about being lonely or differant (especially when gonzo sings them)
13."put down the duckie" somehow i get the feeling that this was one of hensons last songs,the fact that it was recorded in 1990 and only has him singing the first couple lines and it gives me the chills,sometimes I wonder if it was started before he died then finished after that would explain why he doesn't speak or sing anywhere else on the song.

Bruce the Duck

Reaction score
1) Saying Goodbye
2) I'm Going To Go Back There Some Day
3) Rainbow Connection (reprise)
4) End of MFS when Gonzo says goodbye to the Muppets and then changes his mind
5) Last episode of Dinosaurs
6) Last episode of Fraggle Rock, when they move into their new home and discover another Fraggle hole in the wall.
7)When Jim Henson died :frown:
8) The end of Muppet Family Christmas when we see virtually all of the muppets together including Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock!

tiggie0686

Reaction score
In Muppet Christmas Carol when Scrooge goes back in time and see his break up with the only woman he'd ever loved!

And my other example is slightly irrational, but there used to be this one Swedish Chef skit where the Swedish Chef wants to make frog legs or something, and he's about to eat Robin, Kermit's nephew. I remember the first time I saw that I was about to cry because I thought he was going to die! Granted, I never liked Robin much, but I was still sad.

Tera

Reaction score
We played the song "The first time it happens" at our wedding for the processional as I walked down the aisle. That song always chokes me up.

The ideas of knowing more than you can show, of bring able to love again...sniff.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
If I were a poet,
I would write a sonnet.
It would say "I love you."
Your name would be upon it.
If I were a farmer,
I'd give you a bunny.
If I had a beehive,
You would get free honey.
Fa la la (many times)

If I were a baker,
You could have a cruller
If I were a painter,
Choose your favorite color.
If I had some diamonds,
I'd give you a few,
Anything to show you
How much I love you.
Fa la la...

Did you guess my secret?
I am not a poet.
Couldn't write a sonnet,
And I think you know it.
I am not a farmer,
Can't give you a bunny.
I don't have a beehive,
Sorry 'bout the honey.
Fa la la...

I am not a baker,
Don't know bread from batter.
And I am not a painter,
And it doesn't matter.
I don't need a present,
All I have to do
Is look at you to show you
How much I love you.
Fa la la...

I woudl love to have this song played at my wedding too. It's such a beautiful, touching song, and I think it expresses what most feel toward their loved ones. It's amazing to think just how simple the lyrics are.
its perdy aint it?
only...whats a cruller?