The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Reaction score
wow- everyone has such amazing entries- i can relate to all of them. In addition- one that has always gotten me is when the African masks sing Turn the World Around with Harry Belafonte on TMS. The song is so powerful and beautiful- it definately makes me weepy!

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
:cry: I'm sure someone said this one, but the one that REALLY gets me is the pic of Kermie taken just after JH's death. Kermie is sitting on JH's Director's chair with his arms around the top of it. He's looking off into the distance, not facing the camera, low light, wondering about his future, as well as the future about the rest of his Muppet Family.

Also, in Fraggle Rock, the song "Let Me Be Your Song".........there's just something about it...........very mysterious.

OH, thanks to a few other people I thought of another moment. Yes, I agree that the masks are VERY moving! Does anyone remember the "Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde" type show they did on the original MS? Maybe for a Halloween show? It's a VERY faint memory, but I remember this old man (muppet) that was in his lab, he was singing of being lonely and mixing his secret potion, he takes it, turns into the monster.........and that's where the memory fades, I guess because the monster scared me so much. I just remember that the song is very sad.

FreddytheFrog

Reaction score
Saying goodbye it always brings a tear to my eye and the line during the muppet move "i have a dream too but its about singing and dancing and making people happy thats the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with" to me it reflects the entire JHC company

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Rainbow Connection

:cry:
Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound
That calls the young sailors
I think it's one in the same
:cry:

Just these simple words.........................

Also, I've read thru every post and not only do I feel OH so very old, but I wanted to tell you my memories of the day JH died.
I was 17, a senior in high school, we were rehearsing for one of the musicals so I'd not seen any news since about 6 that morning. It was after 5 when I got home, my brother and I rushed thru our homework while Mom made dinner. Dad was in the hospital at the time, so we were trying to get up there as quickly as we could so we could spend some time with him before visiting hours were over.
It was after 6PM when we got there. I knew something was up because Dad wasn't acting like himself. I sat down on the edge of the bed while Dan Rather (I think?) was giving the news of the day. They came to Sammy Davis Jr. dying and I was upset since Dad had taken me to the Ice Capades (when I was 5) and we both fell in love with "Mr. Bojangles". I said something like "Well, one more childhood memory is gone".
Then they did it........they just HAD to say it.......and I knew what Dad was trying to hide from me. He laid there and cried while I wept uncontorlably (sp?) Mom and Robby were standing to the side of us, just looking at us. The Muppets are how Dad and I bonded, I had EVERY one of the shows on tape by that point..........and now my childhood had died. :cry: I was numb, but in such a rush with the musical, graduation etc.... for the next few days that I don't remember much of that week. Dad came home and we sat and watched Muppet tapes until the weeee small hours of the morning.
It's hard for me to believe it's been 14 years. I've become an aunt 3 times over, had my 10 year reunion, been married, gained and lost friends and jobs.........and I still can't belive that he's gone.

BornBlue

Reaction score
Fozzie54 said:
There was also a picture on the cover of one of the major magazines (Life Magazine, maybe?) of Kermit sitting in Jim's director's chair looking extremely sad. Every time I look at that picture I get a lump in my throat. :cry:
I have that picture as the background to my computer at work. But my all time saddest Muppet moment is "Saying Goodbye"... especially right after my grandmother died. :cry:

Hey, that was my first post. Easy enough. :excited:

muppetsforever

Reaction score
the most tear-jerking moment, for me, was the scene in The Muppet Christmas Carol "Love Is Gone"

and the end of The Muppet Movie. That still holds true to my beleifs today........ :smile:

Life's like a movie, write your own ending..... :sing:

*gathers her 3 kermit dolls and pops in the movie*

Kamit

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
: Also, I've read thru every post and not only do I feel OH so very old, but I wanted to tell you my memories of the day JH died.
I was 17, a senior in high school, we were rehearsing for one of the musicals so I'd not seen any news since about 6 that morning. It was after 5 when I got home, my brother and I rushed thru our homework while Mom made dinner. Dad was in the hospital at the time, so we were trying to get up there as quickly as we could so we could spend some time with him before visiting hours were over.
It was after 6PM when we got there. I knew something was up because Dad wasn't acting like himself. I sat down on the edge of the bed while Dan Rather (I think?) was giving the news of the day. They came to Sammy Davis Jr. dying and I was upset since Dad had taken me to the Ice Capades (when I was 5) and we both fell in love with "Mr. Bojangles". I said something like "Well, one more childhood memory is gone".
Then they did it........they just HAD to say it.......and I knew what Dad was trying to hide from me. He laid there and cried while I wept uncontorlably (sp?) Mom and Robby were standing to the side of us, just looking at us. The Muppets are how Dad and I bonded, I had EVERY one of the shows on tape by that point..........and now my childhood had died. :cry: I was numb, but in such a rush with the musical, graduation etc.... for the next few days that I don't remember much of that week. Dad came home and we sat and watched Muppet tapes until the weeee small hours of the morning.
It's hard for me to believe it's been 14 years. I've become an aunt 3 times over, had my 10 year reunion, been married, gained and lost friends and jobs.........and I still can't belive that he's gone.
:cry: You're going to make me cry now *sniff* That's so sad. My family has also bonded over the Muppets for many years.

I remember, just recently, we managed to get our hands on a copy of Rocky Mountain Holiday. Niether my sister or I had ever seen it but we very eagerly sat down to watch our new treasure, with my sister's boyfriend in tow. Well anyways they get to the end and start singing "It's In Every One Of Us". I look over to my sister because I found it a little weird (I was used to thinking of it as a "Christmas song" because of MFC and A Christmas Together) and I see tears streaming down her cheeks while trying to put on a brave face. There wasn't anything else I could do - I just held my arms open and she immediately came over for a hug.

Actually the last time the Muppets really broke me up was actually the first time I had a good look around Muppet Central. I was in the tribute section, reading fan letters and I read the following by Josh Hankemeier (this is just part of it, where he talks about going to school after Jim died):

On May 18th, excruciating doesn't come close to what I went through. The day my cloned, conformist enemies had finally come. At lunch in the cafeteria, they shouted over and over again "Hey, Hanky (as they cruelly nicknamed me), did you know Henson's DEAD? Did you CRY when you found out, Hanky?" It was impossible to count the clammy high fives that clapped around the lunchroom that day. And of course, there I was, in shock and traumatized, and they were rejoicing in their sadistic glee in the death of an artist, my friend. It continued, day in and day out until school let out in two weeks.

I read that and I just couldn't help myself. I burst into tears at how cruel it was. :cry:

Animal Jam

Reaction score
sad moments

I cried when they showed the muppet show episode when jim henson died.I was really sad when they read those letters about Kermit. :cry:

janicerulz

Reaction score
Tear Jerking Moments...

Gonzo - Singing "Going to Go back There Someday" from TMM

Ensemble - "Magic Store" from TMM

Jim Henson's memorial. :cry:
I saw some of the clips... the Muppet performers singing "Rainbow Connection" on stage...

--JRulz

kenobikenobi

Reaction score
The last episode of Fraggle Rock always gets me... Even as a young kid, I was always very excited when I saw that episode because Doc finally got to meet the fraggles...

The last couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock get me, in fact. it's such a pretty thing. I just like how everything starts to come together towards the end and all these truths become realize. It's just beautiful. :smile:

Fraggle Rock was a very well made show.