The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I know I already posted mine, but I would like to add something from MWoO:
right after kermit and gonzo have been ripped apart, and fozzie, pepe and "dorothy" have been dragged off. I'm telling you, nothing has ever grabbed me like seeing kermit's head without a body. I mean in a way it should just be downright scary. but it's just so... tearjerking. I would have cried tonight if it hadn't cut to a commercial.

zootlove

Reaction score
This is a difficult question but the two that make me tear up is:
Muppets Take Manhatten-Saying Good-bye
Muppets from Space-When Gonzo was saying good-bye to Rizzo and when Rizzo jumped at Gonzo because he was staying.
I am such a sap for sad muppet moments:cry:
:cool:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this one was listed:
Gonzo was going to be leaving TMS (forgot who the guest star was) & he was singing "My Way".He seemed on the verge of tears . Kermit came on the stage,said something to the effect of "It's OK old buddy." and put an arm around Gonzo as the 2 walked off the stage :cry:
Gonzo wound up staying but it was still a tear jerking moment

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, I know that EVERYONE mentions the "Saying Goodbye" sequence from MTM, and I am going to as well. However, it is a specific moment in that song that touches me--At the end of the song when Fozzie sings his verse "...You're in my heart, so until then...wanna smile, wanna cry...saying goodbye..." Do you hear the little choke in his voice during that? ALSO NOTICE, and maybe it is just me over-analyising, that Fozzie is the only one in that song who is all by himself--alone--while he sings. Sitting in the dark little train car clutching his teddy bear. Maybe he was singing to teddy.

More favorites:
--Follow That Bird--
The scene where he says goodbye to his friends on Sesame Street. That whole scene, ESPECIALLY the dialogue between Bird and Oscar:
Big Bird: "Well, goodbye, Oscar."
Oscar: "Why, why that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." (brushes his hand across his brow)
Also the dialogue between Big Bird and Snuffy when they say goodbye; "One Little Star" with Big Bird, Snuffy and Olivia; and the scene after "I'm a Bluebird" when the kids sneak backstage to see Bird in the cage and the close up of the tear rolling down his beak (that gives me GOOSEBUMPS everytime!); also, the bit at the end when everyone is back together and then we see Bruno walking Oscar down the street and Oscar says "Once more around the block, Bruno. Yeah, I gotta walk off some of this happy stuff." The Bruno stops and looks up the street at the neighborhood playing and stuff, to which Oscar looks Bruno straight in the eye and says "Brunooo, come ooon." It was just kinda sweet on Bruno's part.

--The Muppet Movie--
Kermit's famous monologue at the ghost ranch; Gonzo's "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" and the whole desert scene, especially Kermit's conversation with his conscience; "The Rainbow Connection"

--A Muppet Family Christmas--
The scene when Doc talks to a sad Kermit and offers to go looking for Piggy; When Robin gives Grover the Fraggle pebble; and one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE tear jerking moments........... at the very end of the special when the camera cuts to Jim Henson and Sprocket watching the Muppets from the kitchen and says, "It sure looks like they're having a good time out there, Sprocket. I like it when they have a good time." PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST MUPPET LINES EVER!!! :excited:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
RowlfRulez said:
"Saying Goodbye" in the MTM. That pretty much always gets to me. The song itself and the scene with the muppets hugging goodbye. Also, Miss Piggy leaving on the train.
I agree, especially since I just graduated from high school and had to say goodbye to a lot of friends of my own. :cry:

Crazyminnyhaha

Reaction score
A few things that get to me are

Saying Goodbye in the MTM
When Scrooge and the third ghost look in the window and Tiny Tim wasn't there. Kermit and Piggy were so sad
In AVMMCM when Kermit leaves the theater and wishes he wasn't born.
also I was watching a special on Jim Henson a few yrs ago and they showed a clip of the muppets in a control room getting to know about Jim and were sadden when they found out that he died. The part that got me was when they were all singing then Kermit walked into the room and watched them. That really got to me. :cry:

Those are mine

unclematt

Reaction score
If anyone can make a copy of the Tribute to Jim Henson and send it to me please let me know. I remember walking into the kitchen to catch rthe final scene as a kid I wish I would have seen the entire program but I didnt. If anyone is willing to help me out please let me know.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Just one person gets me every time, be it the version from TMS with Robin and co, the snippets of it we see recorded at St Pauls for Jim's Memorial Service, or from the official tribute, and of course the kids leters being read out. :sympathy:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets OZ

In Muppets Wizard of OZ, when the Flying Monkeys break up Kermit Scarecrow and Gonzo Tin Thing.

mummytomb

Reaction score
For Me, Big Bird's "Blue Bird" song in Follow That Bird.
The floodgates of sorrow were opened after moving to Los Angeles alone and watching Big Dodo feel exactly what I was feeling so far from home.