The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Muppet Man

Reaction score
Sweetums Misses the Ride

The first time I watched The Muppet Movie, I was very sad when Sweetums missed the ride to Hollywood. Now I know that he made it there in the end!

The 4th season episode of The Muppet Show in which Gonzo plans to leave The Muppets to become a movie star in Bombay, India is a definite tear-jerker.

wemblingalong

Reaction score
That one and
"True Blue Miracle" from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, most of all when Gordon sings the last line after finding Big Bird.
I ALWAYS cry during that.

I guess another tear jerking moment is:

"I'm going to miss you Mr. Looper!"
"That's Hooper Big Bird! Hooper!" :cry:

The saddest moment for me however would probably be Frank Oz's speech about Jim at the memorial service. Watching him cry just set me off.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The first time I watched The Muppet Movie, I was very sad when Sweetums missed the ride to Hollywood. Now I know that he made it there in the end!
I know! It always made me so sad, even when I knew the ending! lol

pattywack

Reaction score
Ok well I just watched Muppets from Space last night for the first time since I was a little kid and I cried so much when Gonzo was leaving, even though I knew he wasn't going to! It was just so sad, especially Rizzo/Gonzo, I love their friendship!

I cried at the end of Christmas Carol, just how nice it was, and also finding out that Tiny Tim survives! So sweet.

ploobis

Reaction score
I just found myself being choked up by Robin The Frog singing his version of "Someone To Watch Over Me" from the Merisa Berenson episode of The Muppet Show.

How about you?

Ignorance

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I feel teary after watching the scene where the Studebaker is painted. I think "Gosh, it takes a true friend to do that and then not even come along" I guess. :stick_out_tongue:

Twitch92

Reaction score
Robin singing "Halfway Down the Stairs". I don't know why.