The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

ameart

Reaction score
I've already seen this brought up, but I guess I'll repeat since this is about everyones' opinions. The most tear-jerkin' moment for me, I think, is during the special "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", when the muppets are reading the letters. As they're reading the first one, and get the shocker to learn that Jim died, and they all react - shocked, dismayed... and then the line "We were just getting to know him..." Its exactly how I feel now, because Jim Henson died when I was very little, and its only now that I am getting to know the man.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've already seen this brought up, but I guess I'll repeat since this is about everyones' opinions. The most tear-jerkin' moment for me, I think, is during the special "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", when the muppets are reading the letters. As they're reading the first one, and get the shocker to learn that Jim died, and they all react - shocked, dismayed... and then the line "We were just getting to know him..." Its exactly how I feel now, because Jim Henson died when I was very little, and its only now that I am getting to know the man.
I don't feel like I ever got to know him ether when I was little:cry:

ameart

Reaction score
I don't feel like I ever got to know him ether when I was little:cry:
Yeah... I think the majority of it was that when he was died, I was only three years old, and being that age, I thought the muppets were real people. To imagine it was thanks to Jim's brilliance that they were alive to me. :frown:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I feel the same way; Jim died two months after I was born, and the thought of never getting to meet the man who helped me so much as a kid, and continues to do so... is very hard to acknowledge. But I consider myself lucky for growing up in a world where I'm able to look back on his life and have the opportunity to be exposed to everything he did.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I always get worked up in Muppets from Space when Ganzo has his dream:sympathy:
I know that is a very sad part, but I'm always in tears when Gonzo is almost ready to leave his friends. I start to think wow Gonzo is not going to be a part of the Muppets anymore and it makes me sad.

muppetgeekgrrl

Reaction score
Definitely, for me...

Ernie singing "I Don't Want To Live on the Moon"... for some reason, it always reminds me of people I've lost....

"Saying Goodbye" does it for me too...

King of Eight

Reaction score
Ernie singing "I Don't Want To Live on the Moon"... for some reason, it always reminds me of people I've lost....

"Saying Goodbye" does it for me too...
"I Don't Want To Live on the Moon" is one of my all-time favourite Sesame Street songs, and it always reminds me of my grandfather, who not only was named Jim, but died two months after Jim Henson at the tender age of sixty thanks to cancer:frown:. 1990 was a hard year for me.

Watching the tribute to Jim Henson after his death with my mom was probably my most tear-jerking Muppet moment. I was eight years old, and the Muppets had already had such a profound effect on my life. Yep, 1990 was a really bad year.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Along those same lines, I think my saddest Muppet Memory was after Jim died and I saw this picture of Kermit seated on a director's chair, his head down and the headline saying something like 'Kermit says goodbye to his best friend'. I saw that cover so many years ago and lost it, somehow that image will never exit my mind.

Less than a year later, my father died and I was 20 years old at the time. I always get a bit teary eyed during the Rainbow Connection, because it was a song I sang in high school. But, the song that always touches me is from the Muppet Christmas Carol when Tiny Tim sings 'Bless us All'. I love that song, and it always gets to me.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider this a Muppet moment really, but this picture gets me every time. Remember this tribute after Jim died?
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Tribute.mickeykermit.jpg
It's almost as if you can hear Mickey saying " yeah, ... I've been there, brother." :cry:

wow thank u for posting this , i really needed to see this , it was really cool it got to me to i cry ever time i hear rememer the momemt that i heard that Jim died