The Mouse is Wooing Miss Piggy

danielromens

Reaction score
Nobody on this forum should think their opinions are wrong. they are opinions and that is impossible. For the same reason people should not think that they are being lashed out upon or told they are wrong, just disagreed with.

I agree, Pink Panther sure did get the wuss treatment.

So did tweety and a lot of others for that matter. It's only to be expected, the same girls who buy all the tweety stuff probably stocked up on Elmo wear as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I knew it was a matter of time before Elmo was brought into it. LOL! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Oh my gawd - so THATS why Elmo sells ! Personally i just wish Elmo would go take the place of the Roadrunner and that cunning Coyote getting lucky just this once.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The animation for "All Dogs"2 was poor from the first movie, the second movie was also meant more for kids, but I was in 6th grade at the time.The orignal holds an adult apeal to it.
(I was seven years old when it came out) I still don't think "All Dogs go to heaven 2" is a bad movie thought, Itchy was fantastic! Dom has always done a great job with him.
Burt Renolds will always be the real Charile.B. Barkin, I'm not to keen on Charile Sheens voice. Steve Webber totaly had a change on Charile on the TV show, he was kinda goofy but it was enjoyable, just not "Charile, Burt" like.

Zack)Charile the, "These are some of the poorest people I know, why, there more broker then the ten comandments!...hahaha, just a little joke...err, very little..."Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zach

The original All Dogs impressed me very much. The trailers seemed iffy to me at the time, but it proved Bluth's talent in creating an Animated Feature on par with Disney and it also his best film since The Secret of Nimh. He has done little I enjoyed since then, though Titan AE was certainly interesting.

Dom is a great voice talent. It's a shame he's not in more comedies these days, but we still have his work in Mel Brooks films, Burt Reynolds movies and of course, The Muppet Movie! It would be cool to have a future Muppet film in which some of the old cameo characters make another appearance as their previous roles.

Is All Dogs on DVD yet - and is it widescreen if it is?:wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Hiya Jamie

Yes All Dogs 1-2 are both on DVD, I don't have them yet,but they haven been out for a bit. i'm not sure but i think they are widesreen, i have looked on the back and i do know that they both come with their trailers, but thats' pretty much it.

hmm, I remember the All Dogs Go to Heaven trailer pretty well and it really made me want to see the movie I still remember Itchy runing up the canon and another larger dog fallowing him as Itchy sreams as not to be trampled on and then runs into the hole of the canon and a another little dog jumps on his head as he peeks out.

there were a lot of great voices in the movie, Charlies Nelson Reilly as Killer who along with Dom Deluse are good friends to Burt Reynolds and his wife at the time was Loni Anderson who perfromed Flo, Charile's abanded girl friend with the pups whom were chariles as well.

Zack)Rowlf the,I have like three copies of All Dogs go to Heaven for some reason what's one more $10.00 DVD, maybe the price when down again!Dog.

danielromens

Reaction score
A Bluth film I really enjoyed was "Cat's Can't Dance". I believe that's the title. The character design is awesome, and the animation was great. I'm also a huge Randy Newman fan and he did a great job as well. Unfortunately animated movies without the Mouse Ears are seen as lesser product. It's sad really. I thought Iron Giant was pretty great as well. It's weird that the critics really liked these movies, but the general public held back.

radionate

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I am 99.9% sure that Don Bluth didn't produce Cats Can't Dance. I believe it was a Warner Brothers feature.

Off the top of my head, Don Bluth has done the following:

Banjo the Woodpile Cat
The Secret of Nimh
The Land Before Time
An American Tail
An American Tail 2 (I'm pretty sure he did this. I'm not at my house right now, so I can't verify)
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Rock-a-Doodle
Thumbelina
Anastasia
The Pebble and The Penguin
A Troll In Central Park
Titan A.E.
Dragonslayor (Video Game)
Space Ace (Video Game)(I think that was the name of it, my mind is going in my old age)

I know that his health has gone down hill in recent years, and I wonder how much longer he'll be with us. His spirits are still high, but he's been dealt so many blows over the years, that I seriously wonder if there will ever be any more Don Bluth films. At his best, he truly is a magical moviemaker.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Not to sound pushy but the name of the moive is Cats Don't dance, you were very close thought!;-) yes it is a WB movie, and a very good one at that! not that the movie did great, but i like it a lot.

Rock-a-Doodle is a good film too!

Zack)Rowlf the, who just watch All Dogs go to Heaven last night,Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I guess I'm just really picky about animated projects. Cats did have some good animation, though. I just didn't like much else. I did enjoy Rover Dangerfield, A good little non-Disney film. That scene with the dead turkey totally cracks me up!