1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Babies "Rock Music Video"???

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Cantus Rock, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I was watching Kermit and Piggy/ Jim and Frank on the Merv Griffen show (thanks, Mr. Pethick!), and they featured a video done by Jim, in which the puppet Muppet Babies were set in the nursery with rock music and some spacey 80's graphics and such. It was introduced at the "Muppet Babies Rock Music Video." I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this feature? Did it air anywhere else? Was it intended for something that didn't get off the ground? Any information is appreciated.

-Matt
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Believe it or not, it aired on MTV and also HBO.
  3. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well now that is the most interesting factoid I've heard all evening. I'd love to see whichever MTV VJ was on the station at that point introing it. :) Thanks yet again Phil, you seem to have answers to every question I have...

Now, if two trains are leaving their stations from opposite sides of the country and traveling at equal speeds...

:D

-Matt
  4. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

I have that video on tape! It's a remixed version of "I'm Gonna Always Love You". I LOVE the parody of the Police that Baby Piggy has going with the candles (a la "Wrapped Around Your Finger"), and the heads ups to flashdance, Duran Duran, and Michael Jackson!:)
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I loved that video. Only saw it once, Nearly 20 years ago, but it was fantastic!
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

JH in a skinny tie and new wave visor...gotta love it!
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

...and the flipper feet!
  8. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

I love the remixed version of the song that the video featured too! That was great!:) Anyone know where I could find a single of that?

Baby Rowlf
  9. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

:confused: strange
  10. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

weirds me out...
  11. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

I dunno, I thoght the whole thing was cuter 'n heck!:)
  12. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I too also saw this video only once. A local Chicago station mixed in music videos with its cartoon rotation during the mid-80's, which is how I saw it. Very cool! And I'm very upset with Columbia TriStar for not putting this on the DVD of TMTM. :mad:

Maybe we can call the people at Total Request Live and get them to play this video with the Weezer video back to back? (Yeah, right!) :eek: