The Muppet Mindset

dwmckim

Reaction score
I agree! Ever since I started getting pumped for the new Muppet film I've kinda gained a huge crush on Segel (and the last How I Met Your Mother episode helped out a lot too), and I'd love to hear him talk about the experience of making the movie! I love that he's such a big Muppet fan, just like all of us.
I totally crushed on him bigtime when i saw I Love You, Man in the theatre - and knowing he was a huge Muppet Freak just made him all the more yummy.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When one does a Top list like this one where most of the contenders are huge winners in their own right, there's always the risk that people will say so-and-so should have been included, but man oh man - i can't believe Miss Muffet didn't make the cut since it's not just one of the best News Flash sketches but one of the best sketches from the show period! The interplay between Jim, Frank, and Jerry totally represents the trio at their best - like fine jazz music!

"Hey-yay-yay-yay, Miss Muf-FET! I have come to frighten you away-yay!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When one does a Top list like this one where most of the contenders are huge winners in their own right, there's always the risk that people will say so-and-so should have been included, but man oh man - i can't believe Miss Muffet didn't make the cut since it's not just one of the best News Flash sketches but one of the best sketches from the show period! The interplay between Jim, Frank, and Jerry totally represents the trio at their best - like fine jazz music!
I can't remember if I saw that one or not. I might have watched it on youtube once a few years ago but that would be it (aside from maybe seeing it at an age when I would have been too young to have seen it). Perhaps it would belong on a list of the shows most underrated segments (no I don't have such a list idea).

Also, I wanted to have the various "eras" of the segment well-represented. At first I considered making it a top ten list, but kept thinking to include too many season 4/5 segments, where Kermit wore his darker-colored hat. Many of those segments are among the best (I'm not too sure whether Kermit still wore the dark brown hat in season 5... Hulu lists a few of those segments as being from season five, while also listing season five as the season for a couple of segments where kermit wears his lighter-colored hat... and I know of a few instances where Hulu was wrong with the season number). But I wanted to be sure to also list stuff from the late-1970s and the 1980s.

Somebody also left a comment at the Muppet Mindset saying that I should have included the Old Mother Hubbard segment. I wouldn't say that segment is one of my favorites. But I wouldn't object to anybody making their own "Top [whatever] Sesame Street Newsflash Segments" list. Not sure if Ryan would object to other people making their own countdown lists that have already been posted on the mindset.