The Muppet Mobile Laboratory to begin rolling through DCA in early 2007

MWoO

Reaction score
I think having a silly looking walk around character is much lower than having an interactive character.

You're assuming that this won't be planned out and re-hearsed. It's not like they will pick up some guy off the street and tell him to start working the controls. And even Dave and Steve arn't always in perfect character. They are never perfect. And like I said, this is not a show or a movie or even al ive stage show. it's a fun little thing that rolls around the part to entertain people. I doubt anyone that sees this thing live will expect the perfection a pre-recorded stuff.

About the pre-recorded stuff, how many times can you watch those attractions? Ater a while you learn the words by haert and just get bored watching. at least this will have some kind of spontaneous factor to it. It's as close to having the real ting in the park each day as you can get.

This thing isn't big enough or important enough to get bent out of shape over, especially when you haven't even seen it. Any opinions about this attractin can't be reasonably formed until it actually opens.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I think having a silly looking walk around character is much lower than having an interactive character.

You're assuming that this won't be planned out and re-hearsed. It's not like they will pick up some guy off the street and tell him to start working the controls. And even Dave and Steve arn't always in perfect character. They are never perfect. And like I said, this is not a show or a movie or even al ive stage show. it's a fun little thing that rolls around the part to entertain people. I doubt anyone that sees this thing live will expect the perfection a pre-recorded stuff.

About the pre-recorded stuff, how many times can you watch those attractions? Ater a while you learn the words by haert and just get bored watching. at least this will have some kind of spontaneous factor to it. It's as close to having the real ting in the park each day as you can get.

This thing isn't big enough or important enough to get bent out of shape over, especially when you haven't even seen it. Any opinions about this attractin can't be reasonably formed until it actually opens.

ha!...thats MC newbies for ya!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
wow it's nice to come back and finally have some muppet news!
But not these fights...you guys seriously need to calm down.:sympathy:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Here's my take on this:

I haven't gotten to take a look at Turtle Talk yet, but I will on my next trip.

I don't give a rip about how the characters sound (save for Fozzie...he sounded TERRIBLE in MWoO...) and seriously, they got the technology down.

Now, for a little blueberry muffin:

Hey Vic, where did ya pick up your What Would Jim Do bracelet??

BJ

MWoO

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
wow it's nice to come back and finally have some muppet news!
But not these fights...you guys seriously need to calm down.:sympathy:
There are no fight. A fight implies anger and hatred. There are simply strong debates. At the end of a debate the two opposing parties don't key each others cars.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
MWoO said:
There are no fight. A fight implies anger and hatred. There are simply strong debates. At the end of a debate the two opposing parties don't key each others cars.
well either way it's rather annoying to see people like mickymupet and other typing in bold caps and name calling at one another like 5 year olds when there are much better ways to solve things.:smile: :excited:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
In my opinion, unneccessary exclamation marks + exaggerated use of Caps Lock + name calling = argument, big time.

But I digress.

They need to have Dave and Steve do the voices not just so it'll "sound good," but to protect the integrity of the characters. I mean, Dave's been performing Bunsen for 30 years now, and Steve's been performing Beaker since Richard left us, about 14 years ago. To me, it would seem horribly, almost unspeakably unfair to have anyone but them do the voices. :eek:

MWoO

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
well either way it's rather annoying to see people like mickymupet and other typing in bold caps and name calling at one another like 5 year olds when there are much better ways to solve things.:smile: :excited:
Oh I thought you meant me and Bradfraggle. Usually when people say stop fighting, they are reffering to me.

MWoO

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
In my opinion, unneccessary exclamation marks + exaggerated use of Caps Lock + name calling = argument, big time.

But I digress.

They need to have Dave and Steve do the voices not just so it'll "sound good," but to protect the integrity of the characters. I mean, Dave's been performing Bunsen for 30 years now, and Steve's been performing Beaker since Richard left us, about 14 years ago. To me, it would seem horribly, almost unspeakably unfair to have anyone but them do the voices. :eek:
I would agree if we were talking about a live performance or a tv show or something like that. This is just a small attraction. Even if it were pre-recorded I would agree, but it's not. They are trying to do some kind of cool interactive thing, and from the sound of the technology they will be digitally using their voices which is good enough for me.

peachesncream

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Someone here (shoot... I can't remember who) works at Disney World in the Magic Kingdom, maybe they can shed some light if they've heard anything.
That's me Vic! undfortunatley I don't know much about what happens at the Studios but I know tons of MK stuff. I'm trying to transfer to Muppet Vision but it's a long list.

What a debate!