1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppet Movie" turns 33

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

Hubert and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaay! The Muppet Movie is by far my favorite movie. Happy 33rd Anniversary, Muppet Movie!!!!!!!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

goodness me its been that long time does fly happy anniversary to you muppet movie
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

So I'm basically a year older than the Muppet Movie. :)
  5. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Whenever we watch The Muppet Movie together, Mrs. Otter loves to tell me how she saw it in theatres just as she wrapped up the tenth grade, and was so psyched to see the Muppets on a big screen for the very first time.

I lived in a small town that was too far away from a movie theatre, so I didn't have that opportunity, but I have loved The Muppet Movie since I first saw it (on a Canadian TV broadcast) in early 1982 and will always treasure it, for reasons far too numerous to list here.

I will say this, though: The movie has really picked me up when I've been at my lowest. I came home from a bad night at a call-centre job (getting literally screamed at by abusive customers half a continent away) and lay in bed after midnight, watching my VHS copy of The Muppet Movie. This week, my sister and her family were going through a horrible period and Mrs. Otter knew how to cheer me up at the end of it all - posting a YouTube video of Kermit's original performance of "Rainbow Connection" on my Facebook wall.

Thank you to everyone involved in this incredible film for giving generations of Muppet fans - and moviegoers in general - a movie so full of laughter, colour, heart and spirit.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Man I wasnt even born yet...pshh I was only a year old when MTM came out. But happy 33 year anniversary to TMM!!! :)
  7. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

The Muppet Movie was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. My Mom took me to see it and she later told me that I never once moved or got up from my seat ( I was three years old at the time)! She said I just sat there and was mesmerized by it all. :)