The Muppet Show (1978) Lunchbox

Rowdy Red

Reaction score
Help, I have a Muppet Show lunchbox that I would like to get some info on.

It is in C-9 condition. Unfortunately, it does not have the thermos with it. Any input on the value of it would be appreciated. Have a good weekend!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's in C-9 shape, it's probably worth about $40 on the open market. Add $10-$15 more if you have the thermos in the same condition.

Rowdy Red

Reaction score
There are different codes for the condition of the lunchbox:

C-7 - Good condition, wear, scratches visible, rubs to paint surface, visible wear.

C-8 - Very good condition, light wear, light scratches surface rubs to paint.

C-9 - Near mint, excellent condition, slick wet look to metal, minimal wear, no scratches or rusting.

C-10 - Mint, pristine new condition. As from the factory, absolutely no wear. Wet, mint.

Hope this helps.

scarecroe

Reaction score
So this is lingo specifically for lunchboxes only?

What is the "C" for? (other than cookie) :stick_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help :wink:

redmans

Reaction score
I believe C in this case stands for Condition.

Which character is pictured on the back of the lunchbox? I've got two of them myself (Animal and Fozzie). They also did one with Kermit and possibly Miss Piggy.

Rowdy Red

Reaction score
You're correct, "C" does stand for condition. The back of the box has Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem on it. The right side (if looking at front of box) has Miss Piggy and the left side has Fozzie Bear. The top where the handle is located has two characters Statler Waldorf and Droop in the theater box. The bottom has an audience of other Muppets consisting of Mildred, Zelda and the Green and Blue Frackle. The front of the box has Kermit with a microphone and a cast of characters behind him.

Hope this helps you out.