The Muppet Show 30th Anniversary DVD's

D

Dil

You're kind of serious, Barry Lee, aren't you?
Boy, you're getting me upset.

I really mean it! I'm Serious about this:
The 1st Opening Theme should be replaced by the Later Opening Theme!
Ozker's Janice Voice & Hunt's Miss Piggy Voice should be redubbed...
and that's...
FINAL!!!!

Now stop complaining, Barry Lee, because I want to have Season 1 Episodes a teeny little bit more of the way we know today.

OK, here's a deal. what Janice voice do you want on the Season 1 Episodes in the 30th Anniversary DVD Collection?

The Pecilliar or The Familliar?

I'd vote for the Familliar.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I am just saying we need to preserve the Muppet Show the way it is. And it's crazy to do such things like that. BUT I do agree of taking away the Brian Henson intros that is not necessary.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
And plus since Miss Piggy looks different in Season 1 what are ya gonna do with that? Because Piggy looks way different on Season 1 than the later seasons.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
And if I am upsetting you I am sorry. But think about it, say someone can't afford The TMS Season 1 Box Set. They buy this one dvd cause it has a season one episode, and they like everything about season 1 the opening etc, the costumer would be dissapointed to find things edited and re-dubbed. I would, I would like the original episodes. It's funny you complain about TMS DVD cuts, but not changing the episodes. If your a true muppet fan you would want the episodes not to be touched only restored with no dubs or anything.

Frogster

Reaction score
Sorry Dil Pickle, but I'm with Barry (and more than likely, everyone else here at the Forum). Bad idea, my friend. If you were a true Muppet fan, you'd have never said that. If we changed their voices, how would Muppet fans of a later time know how they started out? Or what about the Muppet historians in the future? The Muppets are bad enough today... why ruin their awesome history, as well? I sincerely hope no one at Henson reads this... they'd probably take this idea and re-dub the voices. However, I do agree that the Brian Henson intros should go, but maybe instead of Statler and Waldorf, put in Kermit and Fozzie instead. We just don't see those two together much these days.

D

Dil

Ohh... do you think Ozker's Janice voice is better than Hunt's Janice Voice?

Frogster

Reaction score
No, but it's the beginning of the Muppets, and any Muppet fan would want to see how it all started, and that includes Eren Ozker. She deserves her time. You obviously aren't that big of a Muppet fan.

Frogster

Reaction score
Okay, Dillards, let me ask you this...
Let's say, just for fun, for a minute, YOU are Eren Ozker. And let's say you (as Ozker) are viewing this website, and a member here, who seems to have just eaten something crazy, saw what you wrote. What would you think if Henson did this? You'd be upset, that's what you'd think. And for two reasons: one, it's YOU, and you're a Muppeteer, and two, you're at the beginning, when the show actually got started. You'd be very upset that they were trying to rid you from the past. And even though I know you're just doing this for fun, you've rubbed some people the wrong way here. Same for Piggy with Hunt and Oz. And Barry Lee shouldn't apologize for what he said; he was in the right.
and that's...
FINAL

D

Dil

We HAVE to have it the way Season 1 is, now. It started as what we want, right?

IF Janice's Season 1 Voice redubbed, what would you say?