The Muppet Show cast on Sesame Street (Script in progress)

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Here's what I was thinking: an ep of Sesame Street where the Muppet Show gang goes to visit their pal Kermit on "Sesame Street". Some of the hijinx that would ensue:

Fozzie reprises his "Good grief, the comedian's a bear" bit with Gordon.
Gonzo tries to get Luis to fix his iron (which is flat as a pancake because Thog sat on it).
Fozzie and Bert do a bit where Bert thinks Fozzie is making fun of how he talks. (Since Frank Oz doesn't perform Bert anymore, this can be done!)
The "Charlie's Restaurant" bit I've already written with Zoot as the waiter.
Miss Piggy and Big Bird bury the hatchet (from the Bird's TMS appearance).
Grover teaches Gonzo the Mexican Waiter Dance, but Gonzo thinks something's missing. ("I know! I'll use a cow!")
Oscar, Statler, and Waldorf become best friends.
Telly gets scared of the Muppet Show monsters.
Elmo and Zoe interact with Uncle Deadly.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wait a minute. Frank Oz doesn't perform Bert anymore? Who does than? I was also a bit surprised to find that someone else performed Miss Piggy on "Hollywood Squares" and in the Denny's commercial. Is Frank retired or something?

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I think Frank is too busy with directing to preform his characters.I think he does do new sketches for sesame street,but there are other muppeteers that preform his characters.

beaker

Reaction score
All I know is, I could definately see Pepe guest starring on an 'on the street' segment with Elmo and Telly. Judging from Pepe's chemistry with Elmo at Muppetfest, this would be very cool.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think Frank is too busy with directing to preform his characters.I think he does do new sketches for sesame street,but there are other muppeteers that preform his characters.
I see. Thanks.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
let me see the zoot sketch! that would be rad!!!! here's another idea, ZOOT AND HOOTS (has a ring). They'll do a dualing sax thing! AND the Electric Mayhem with Chrissy & The Alphabeats would be cool and so would Don Music and Rowlf (i just hope they didn't tear don up or anything)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TravellingMatt,

Once you finish with this, e-mail it to me and we'll add it to our fan fiction section. It has a lot of potential.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Actually, punkNpuppets, I think an Electric Mayhem/Little Jerry and the Monotones crossover would be even better...

Eric1701

Reaction score
Hello!

I am brand new here even though I have been a Muppet fan for a long time.

I was wondering what projects Frank Oz is doing that keeps him too busy to perform with Henson and Co. I know he worked on the Star Wars movies but what else has been up too?

I haven't heard the people who do his characters, are they any good?

Eric T. Wickwire

PS Where do you get the little pictures for your posts?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
what about Cookie Monster meets Animal, Pigs In Space meets Spaceship Surprise, Miss Piggy becomes friends with Gladys, Seymour tries to pull Fluffy out of Oscar's can -
SEYMOUR: I've been looking everywhere for a longer trunk! can i have it??
OSCAR: Try finding one that's not on an elephant!
BRUNO: Haven't you heard that song "I'm An Aardvark And I'm Proud"
SEYMOUR: No and I'M NOT AN AARDVARK!!!!! geez!!!